Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need to know if the loop after the groom's given name and surname is a letter "e" or just a flourish.
Also, what is written after the groom's nati?
Thank you for your help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
It's just a flourish, Jim. The groom is Ettore Caccavale.
Written after his birth is Capua followed by the name of a frazione. I see the word frazione and then a name which is S. (Angelucci???) followed by another word. There is only one frazione listed for SMCV and that is Sant'Andrea dei Lagni. I went through an entire list of frazioni and can't find anything similar to the handwriting in this document. Maybe someone else on this forum, who is more familiar with the history of the area, has another idea. The surname Angelucci though does exist in the town.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...