Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need to know if the loop after the groom's given name and surname is a letter "e" or just a flourish.
Also, what is written after the groom's nati?
Thank you for your help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
It's just a flourish, Jim. The groom is Ettore Caccavale.
Written after his birth is Capua followed by the name of a frazione. I see the word frazione and then a name which is S. (Angelucci???) followed by another word. There is only one frazione listed for SMCV and that is Sant'Andrea dei Lagni. I went through an entire list of frazioni and can't find anything similar to the handwriting in this document. Maybe someone else on this forum, who is more familiar with the history of the area, has another idea. The surname Angelucci though does exist in the town.
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...