Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need help translating this Atti di Matrimonio. The only reason I know anything about this document is because the principles are already in my family tree. However, I have no data on these people and I'm not understanding the script very well.
Please help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I can see why... Very fancy flourishes - and inconsistent letter formations...
Looks like 27 april 1841
Luca(?) Antonio Iannotta, 36, peasant farmer, son of deceased XXXX? and deceased Teresa Ibarea(?)...- residing on Strada S. Erasmo.
and
Catarina Papale, 29, daughter of Mattia(?) peasant farmer, residing with daugher, and Maria Cappabianca(?) residing with husband and daugher.
I'm currently having a problem opening my Family Tree Maker, but I believe I had Nicola in my data. It was primarily the mother's names and the date i did not have (I think).
I guess I will have to reload my software.
Thank you both.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
I believe the surname of the groom's mother, deceased Teresa, was Sbarra. The surname does not currently exist in SMVC, but does exist within a 3.86 km range of the town.
Hi Peg,
I believe I have seen it on occasion when reviewing documents in S.M. It sounds familiar.
I'm still struggling to get my Family Tree Maker up again. It's killing me. I can't get to my files.
Thank you for your help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Page 2 the top-documents for the marriage-
1. birth of the groom
2. birth of the bride
3. death of the father of the groom
4. death of his mother
5. death of his paternal grandfather, widower of Catarina (Busso??)-it's not Busico, as I know you have in the ancestry. Busso does not currently exist in SMCV, but does exist nearby. Also he was the widower of Marianna -not sure yet about her surname= Ercole is a possibility.
All occurred in this town.
6. the act of notification made in this town which resulted in no opposition.
Witnesses were:
1. Don Michele Russo Fiorillo, age 30, strada del Monte, a clerk
2. Don Giuseppe ? (still working on his surname), age 22, a clerk, Strada San Lorenzo
3 Don Daniele Zagaria, age 31, a clerk, strada San Francesco
4. Nicola Martucci, age 52, municipal servant, Strada del Mercato
Not sure why the first witness appears to have two surnames
I don't think so. However, as you know, I'm not able to access my tree, so I am not sure what I am missing. I must run over to my daughter's house to get my software and try to fix my problem.
Thank you very much.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
It's said Italy was a country of Saints, poets and navigators. There's no more trace of the poets and navigators but, fortunately, there are traces of the Saints. All the Italian towns are voted to a Saint and one of these is San Gennaro, well-known for his miracle. Who was San Gennaro? San Gennaro ...