Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Welcome to the forum. Your great grandfather had a twin at birth. Here are the birth acts for Domenico and Assunta.
I'm sure someone will be kind enough to translate them for you.
First image is the birth record for Domenico Angiello - twin - first born
1885 August 17
Father is Giuseppe Angiello, 38, mason, living on Via s. Sebastiano.
On 16 of August at 6 PM.
To his wife, Magnifica merenda, housewife, living with him, was born a male baby they named Domenico, a twin with another act following.
Witnesses - Antonio Sanges, 58, and Antonio Forgione.
It looks like image shack is having a problem. I'll have to reload the image when I get home. It looked good when I linked it. Have you seen this kind of problem with image shack before?
At any rate, I'll fix it as soon as I can.
I hope jima signs on to see these records.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Birth Act 422 (Domenico's was 421)
Assunta Angiello, a twin - second born
Same time,
Same parents.
Same address...
note after name is reference to her being a twin with another birth act preceding.
Marriage notation...
she married Giovanni Vasaturo (sp?) in SMCV
Have to look closely at the date/number... May be 3 Nov. 1914 - No. 77.
This is amazing! Thank you so much! I was aware that my great-grandfather had a twin, but seeing their birth certificates is beyond words.
Thank you very much as well to you Tessa! It is truly wonderful to have this information. My late father's memoirs mention that Assunta died in 1921, and that her widower indeed was named Giovanni Vasaturo. He uses the same spelling you read.
I wonder what became of Via San Sebastiano. Some of the other Angiello's you (Jim) posted about apparently lived there as well, but I cannot find it on Google Maps.
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
JimA
The 17th at 8:50 a.m. was the day and time both records births were recorded. First and second born in this case just refers to the order in which the twins were born. You can also tell that by the record numbers.
Peg
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...