Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I found the groom (Michele Iannotta) morti. It indicates his wife has surname di Rubino. I had translated the name from the matrimonio (first document in this post) as di Rubbio. Should I presume the matrimonio to be more accurate than the info on the morti? I'm sure I know the correct answer but I wanted to be sure someone else sees the same translations that I do.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I agree that the marriage record is more likely the most accurate record compared to the morti. I guess when I saw the different name on the morti, I became a bit insecure about my original translation from the marriage record.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
There is an ancient legend for lovers, in Salerno: the story of the beautiful Antonella. Antonella was one of the bridesmaids of Queen Margherita of Durazzo. One day the son of Margherita, Ladislaus, while returning from war stopped to greet his mother, along with several warriors, including Raimond...