Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have what appears to be the death act for Giorgio Ciacero in 1888 and 1916.
He has the same parents and the same wife. His age is close enough. I also have the death acts of 2 of Giorgio & Giuseppa's children (1 in 1881 and 1 in 1888).
I wondered if he had been missing and declared dead in 1888 and later re-appeared. However, I would think that a correction would have been issued for the original death act.
Am I missing something?
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
The first record is for a male Giorgio and the second record is for a female, Giorgia. I don't believe they are the same person, but possibly are brother and sister who married a brother and sister. In the first record, the spouse was Giuseppa Santoro and in the second it was Giuseppe Santoro.
Peg
It's said Italy was a country of Saints, poets and navigators. There's no more trace of the poets and navigators but, fortunately, there are traces of the Saints. All the Italian towns are voted to a Saint and one of these is San Gennaro, well-known for his miracle. Who was San Gennaro? San Gennaro ...