translation assistance requested for a few words
translation assistance requested for a few words
Can anyone read and translate the occupation (attached) of 2 witnesses for a death record, I haven't been able to crack it. Also, please confirm that "civile" as occupation would translate to "landowner" and "Don" and "Donna" as titles in names would be similar to "Lord" and "Lady" (the "Don" is the Civile...) Thanks in advance!
Re: translation assistance requested for a few words
Hi 
Looks like "beccaio" which is a butcher.
"Civile" I always took to mean a private citizen (who, of course, could be a landowner)
T.
Looks like "beccaio" which is a butcher.
"Civile" I always took to mean a private citizen (who, of course, could be a landowner)
T.
Re: translation assistance requested for a few words
The title "Don" often was used as a mark of esteem for a person of personal, social or official distinction.
"donna" means "woman" as in "donna di casa" - "housewife"
When it is capitalized it shows importance or esteem.
T.
"donna" means "woman" as in "donna di casa" - "housewife"
When it is capitalized it shows importance or esteem.
T.
Re: translation assistance requested for a few words
Thanks for your help, T- I can clearly see "beccaio" now.

