Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
April 23, 1875
Anna Marcuccio
16? years old
born in Castel Campagnano to Domenico Marcuccio and Orsola Del Santo.
I am not sure of the relationship of others listed: Antonio/Antonia Del Santo, 36 years old or Carmine Marcuccio, 30 years old.
Thanks!
The date of record is 23rd, but Anna died on the 22nd (yesterday "ieri") at 1 :10 PM
She was 16 years old...
The others you listed were those who came to the town hall to declare the death.
At the bottom of the document are listed the names of those who gave testimony as witnesses.
Is there any cause of death? Can you tell if the witness is Antonio or Antonia? I'm trying to put the family together so I am assuming that they related to the parents with the same last names. If I have the ages right then they would possible be siblings of the parents. Do you know why the witnesses give ages but not the parents?
The witnesses are Stefano Ingrielli age 58 peasant farmer and Nicola Della Porta 29 peasant farmer and the only signature is the civil official Alexandro Giustini the rest couldnt write
leryan wrote:Is there any cause of death? Can you tell if the witness is Antonio or Antonia? I'm trying to put the family together so I am assuming that they related to the parents with the same last names. If I have the ages right then they would possible be siblings of the parents. Do you know why the witnesses give ages but not the parents?
Thanks again!
Cause of death is not usually given on Italian morti. None here.
Place of death #12 Via Torre. This may be a clue as you look for other records.
All of the declarants and witnesses are men, very common.
In a small town, people with same surname are probably related in some way. Could be cousins of 1st, 2nd, etc. degree.
Thanks so much for the help. I didn't think the death records would list cause of death. But now I have found a sister and the father is alive in April but listed as deceased on other sister's marriage in December. More clues more research!
Surnames: Aldi, Campagnano, De Carlo, Del Santo, Marcuccio, Tebano
Location: Castel Campagnano and Siracusa
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...