Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
brightpixie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 22:06

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by brightpixie »

Yes, my grandmother did arrive in the States February 21, 1917. :)

Thanks, Suanj.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by suanj »

really was a Agostino Pulicicchio born in Lago and living in New Kensington, Westmoreland, PA

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Agostino Puliccichio
Name: Agostino Puliccichio
County: Westmoreland
State: Pennsylvania
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 12 Aug 1891

Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1926980
DraftBoard: 3

Image

the address is right, but just a problem: this man died in 1978(!):
Social Security Death Index
about Augustino Pulicicchio
Name: Augustino Pulicicchio
SSN: XXXXXXXXXXX
Last Residence: 15601 Greensburg, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Born: 12 Aug 1890
Died: Sep 1978

State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (1966)

just the discrepancy abt birthyear in WWI draft registration card ( 1891 and not 1890)..

but.... you said that your ancestor died when the him children was very youngs....
it is a mystery.. :?

the arrival of this Agostino Pulicicchio:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Agostino Policicchio
Name: Agostino Policicchio
Arrival Date: 29 Mar 1912
Birth Year: abt 1891
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: lago
Age: 21

Gender: Male
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Adriatic

pag 1 Image
pag 2 Image

this Agostino Pulicicchio was the son of
Domenico Policicchio and Giuseppina Canonico
(by a record on Ancestry.com-Family Trees)

so I know not if can be your ancestor or not...

other record:

1930 United States Federal Census
about Augustino Policicchio
Name: Augustino Policicchio (inmate)
Home in 1930: Derry, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania ( Torrance State Hospital for insane)
View Map
Age: 33
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Occupation:

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Sara Mansavage 23
Grace Muich 36
Elizabeth Meyer 55
Anna Meyers 34
Anna L Miller 56
Rosy Miller 28
Sadie Miller 60
Sara Jane Miller 36
Louise M Mitchell 46
Anna Moody 65
Jessie Moore 33
Anny Muckle 78
Pearl Murray 30
Angie Nelis 42
John C Naso 69
John Niswonger 30
Charles Norris 72
John Morman 39
Helen Nagg 36
Thelma Neff 27
Margaret Nolan 60
Mary Novwicky 45
Thomasine Nitariana 49
Mary Nunamaker 32
Victoria Munsky
Charles O Burgon 70
Wasyl Olton 47
William N O Niell 37
Joe Arris 50
Thomas Overdorf 64
Joseph Owens 64
Modest Obion 41
Salvatora Oinbelle 68
Luis Ornelas 44
Rose Osafska 58
Margaret O Donnell 57
Mary Oleskow 42
Cleora Olson 34
Mary O Shen 29
Frances Plymire 26
Mike Priolo
James L Picca 65
Harry S Clark 71
Joe Pizzo 49
Antonia Plassis 38
Joseph H Plowman 32
Frank Petrovich 50
Augustino Policicchio 33
Michael Patrick 61
Robert Perry 55
Charles Ponce 27
Metro Powlisko 35
Steve Prytalak 37
Fannie Pahel 27
Mary B Palm 50
Mary S Papodell 27
Annie Patrick 35
Esther Parrick 18
Annie Paldy 31
Ida M Porter 55
Blanch Pierce 55
Dilla Pike 38
Rose Platt 40
Margaret Pratto 27
Mary Pickancia 34
John F Purvin 64
Armour C Risse 23
Boyd Ruth 49
Ele Radice 39
John Rankin 35
Eng Rusen 50
Elroy Robinson 44
James Raffel 22
Mike Romanick 52
Earl S Reed 42
Peter Regula 46
John E Reynolds 70
Joseph Reynolds 52
Frank Redman 52
William Rivero 49
Arthur Robinson 30
Garlie Robertson 54
Joseph Rone 36
Barbara Racht 60
Nollie Rakstrow 32
Anna Rembish 33
Jessie Renshaw 38
Ethel Resseger 45
Katy Romance 32
Audry Rose 38
Anna Rose 26
Martha Russert 43
Philip Stehle 49
John Saltis 41
Mike Sofo 58
Samuel Sagamini 16
Robert Sarver 56
Marvine Schofield 21
Steve Sefcik 48
Henry Shaw 76

Image
the birthyear is wrong, but I am positive that is the same Agostino Pulicicchio of above records....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
brightpixie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 22:06

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by brightpixie »

Yes, I believe this is the same man as the one who died in 1978. However, haven't found the right birth certificate in Lago. His daughter said he died in Pennsylvania. Also, he might not have come from Lago.

My grandmother said she was born in Brazil. However, the 1920 census says Italy. Searched through microfiche at the LDS library yesterday and couldn't find her birth in Lago. Did find her older brother's. So still need to find hers.

Couldn't find Agostino Polichichio's either. Though there were plenty of Polichichios. My Aunt said he may have been born up north and moved down to Lago.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will certainly check into them. Would be awful if the man were still alive and no one knew it all those years.

I was told someone had posted a family tree on ancestry for an Agostino Pulicichio. Going to try and contact them to see if we have the same relations.

I think once I find his birth certificate this will be a big help. I know for sure that the 1920 census with the name spelled incorrectly is the right man because it shows who he was with at the time.

You're right, this is a mystery. Will keep you posted if I find anything more.

Again, THANKS!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by suanj »

the ship's manifest normally, it is very accurate.. also the WWI draft registration card; so the birthplace seeming Lago; but it is possible that he was born in Brazil and when the family back in Lago, it was a registration of Agostino birth in Lago also; in this case, the birth registration can be between 1890 and 1911 when Agostino emigrated; but no doubts abt Lago, just to try also in other birth years, and if is a tardive birth registration by foreign birth certificate you can try in the last part of the Lago birth registries ( really: second part), where was registered the births in other italian communes or birth in foreign countries..
however I think that the above records are abt your ancestors and maybe by death certificate you can find more details.... he had SSN, so he was no inmate, just had a bad period of life...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
brightpixie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 22:06

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by brightpixie »

Thanks for all your help, I'll be continuing to search this out. I don't mind if he had a period of difficulty, no matter how long. What would be sad to me is that he lost his family in the process.

I know that the other members of his family used the name Pulice. I'm going to try to tie one of them to him or to whoever he turns out to be.

Thanks a big bunch!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pulice or Poulicci, Lago, Cosenza, Italy

Post by suanj »

yes.. it is sad...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply