Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I saved the hardest one for last!!
Record #196 Pasqualina Cillo
4 Sept 1872, born ?
Cervinara
F: Maggio Cillo, age ?, occup ?
M: ?
W#1: ?
W#2: ?
I just can't read this one.
Thanks, Jerry http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/ ... llo70.jpg/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
Haztek wrote:I saved the hardest one for last!!
Record #196 Pasqualina Cillo
4 Sept 1872 @ 10 AM, born @ 6 PM on the 2nd.
Cervinara
F: Alfonso Marzio Cillo, son of deceased Giuseppe, age 28, occup peasant farmer
M: Teresa Esposito, daughter of deceased Nicola, age 26, peasant farmer House at Frazione Salamoni
W#1: Antonio Ricci of deceased Raffaele, 50
W#2: Giuseppe Bruno of deceased Alessandro, 60 Both are laborers
I just can't read this one.
Thanks, Jerry http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/ ... llo70.jpg/
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...