Need Handwriting help!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
MagicMama
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Nov 2011, 08:13

Need Handwriting help!

Post by MagicMama »

Found my Great-Grandmother's birth certificate. I would like to figure out her mother's name. The top line is Adamo, Vincenza. The name I'm interested in is Bruno, _?_

From the handwriting on this and another certificate, I think I've figured out some of the letters.

C e ? ? t a

The "t" is identical to the one in Pietro, the father's name on the certificate, not pictured here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! I tried to include the IMG code but it cut of the name I need help with.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t141 ... meClip.jpg
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Need Handwriting help!

Post by Edmondo »

Teresa
Tandem fit surculus arbor
MagicMama
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Nov 2011, 08:13

Re: Need Handwriting help!

Post by MagicMama »

That's part of what's confusing me- the "T" is exactly like a C on another document written at the same time. Thanks for the help, I'm searching for Teresa now too!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Handwriting help!

Post by Tessa78 »

Here's an Alphabet Chart of Handwriting found in old documents that may help in the future :-)

http://script.byu.edu/italian1/en/alphabet.aspx

T.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Handwriting help!

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:Here's an Alphabet Chart of Handwriting found in old documents that may help in the future :-)

http://script.byu.edu/italian1/en/alphabet.aspx

T.
Great site!
Post Reply