Hello: In putting together family genealogy I'am trying to locate a website/sites that may have vintage pictures of ports of departure - no luck so far.
In the early to mid 1900's family had left from ports in Naples and Palmero to USA.
Would appreciate any direction/help in locating a site that may show these ports.
sugarbug wrote:For "me" in family genealogy dates and names we need but I like to see places that played an important part in their lives.
Sandi
For a great read and a wonderful background as to why our ancestors came to the states, I highy recommend Jerry Mangione and Ben Morreale's La Storia: Five Centuries of the Italian American Experience. I located a copy at my local library a few years ago when I began my journey and have since bought my own copy which is now well worn from multiple readings, and have given copies to my children and cousins.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
"Che mondo sarebbe senza nutella" is the official slogan of the wonderful hazelnut cream known as Nutella, appreciated by many and eaten worldwide. Few know that its invention was totally random and born out of necessity. HistoryIn 1946, at the end of WWII, chocolate was so expensive nobody could a...