Hello,
what is the meaning of the words "messer" and "meriga" in this part of a document:
"Costitutio personalmente avanti di me Nodaro e sottoscritti testimoni messer Antonio Val, attuale meriga di Fontanafredda ..."
I think these words are furlan dialect.
Thank you
André
Two italian words
Re: Two italian words
Could you post the document for us?
T.
T.
Re: Two italian words
Hello,
sorry for the delay but i can not attach the picture.
I get an error "board attachement quota has been reached"
sorry for the delay but i can not attach the picture.
I get an error "board attachement quota has been reached"
Re: Two italian words
apes wrote:Hello,
sorry for the delay but i can not attach the picture.
I get an error "board attachement quota has been reached"
Try using an image-sharing (free) site...
www.postimage.org
Upload your image, then copy and paste the "thumbnails for forum1" in this post
T.
Re: Two italian words
"meriga" is a dialectal word for the mayor of a small community
"messer" means "sir"
"messer" means "sir"
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin



