Church records-----Morti di sacerdoti ?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Church records-----Morti di sacerdoti ?

Post by JamesBianco »

Does anyone know the difference between Morti (death/burial) records and Morti di sacerdoti ? The town I am working on has both listed with the same year ranges. I have looked at the morti records but what would the other be? Thanks for anyone who could help.

Jim
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Church records-----Morti di sacerdoti ?

Post by suanj »

JamesBianco wrote:Does anyone know the difference between Morti (death/burial) records and Morti di sacerdoti ? The town I am working on has both listed with the same year ranges. I have looked at the morti records but what would the other be? Thanks for anyone who could help.

Jim
Morti di sacerdoti are the priests burial..
some town listed with difference why the priests are not civil men...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Church records-----Morti di sacerdoti ?

Post by JamesBianco »

Thank you Suanj! You are wonderful!! :) Jim
Post Reply