Vitalchek

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
weixiehong
Rookie
Rookie

Vitalchek

Post by weixiehong »

Has anyone here used the service Vitalchek to get documents like birth certificates?

I know it's more expensive than just getting them oneself, but I live outside the US (although I would have docs mailed to a US address) and paying by credit card is a lot easier than writing checks.

Is it a good and reputable company?

Thanks in advance.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vitalchek

Post by adelfio »

I have used Vitalchek no problems with them. It took about 2 weeks to get the death record.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I have used them also. Reasonably good service; many state websites actually direct you to VitalChek.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

I used Vitalcheck and, while it was expensive, I was able to get my documents relatively stress-free.
weixiehong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by weixiehong »

OK great. Thank you all for the input.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

I've used them too with no problems when to lazy to take the train to NYC.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

VitalChek is the company used to handle vital records orders for many (most?) US states. If you order a certificate online you often have no other choice but VitalChek. I've used them many times.
weixiehong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by weixiehong »

Thanks. To update, I used them with no problem. NY state is a different issue though due to the state laws against giving birth/divorce/death records to people other than the exact people named on the documents. Fortunately all my relatives are still alive :)