"Speziale Manuale" -- any ideas?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: 23 Jan 2014, 20:00

"Speziale Manuale" -- any ideas?

Post by 113yearslater »

I have a death record for my great-grandmother's sister that specifies that this is her father's profession, so far as I can make it out. However, I can't manage to track down a translation for it. Might this sound familiar to anyone?
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9246
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: "Speziale Manuale" -- any ideas?

Post by erudita74 »

Here are some references in Italian

http://books.google.com/books?id=2zUTAA ... le&f=false


http://books.google.com/books?id=ifNDAA ... le&f=false

He was a shopkeeper who sold sweets, spices, seasonings but, in the past, he may also have sold drugs which then became found in a pharmacy or drugstore.

Erudita
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: 23 Jan 2014, 20:00

Re: "Speziale Manuale" -- any ideas?

Post by 113yearslater »

Okay, so basically he sold anything that might come in a tiny box or bottle, I suppose. Thanks so much!
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9246
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: "Speziale Manuale" -- any ideas?

Post by erudita74 »

I guess you could look at it that way.
Erudita
Post Reply