https://s31.postimg.org/6kppa1tcr/1849_ ... rriage.jpg
bottom of act.....document #3 is the death act of bride's first husband....Puorro? Ruozzo?
either surname would be found in this town.
thanks,
donna
2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
When I read it, I see Ruozzo, but you might want a third opinion here.
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
krash....thanks for your reply. it prompted me to look at the whole record again and if i compare the writing of the word [anno] 'corrente' - the o and the r's look similar..so...i am leaning more towards puorro.
donna
donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
I am reading the surname as Puorro. 
T.
T.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
I'm reading Puozzo - so clearly:-)
Angela
Angela
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
To me it is 101% Puorro, a surname found in Ariano Irpino.
Puozzo is also a valid surname but it is found mainly in the North of Italy.
Puozzo is also a valid surname but it is found mainly in the North of Italy.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
Livio, now that I look at the words like marito and primo and other words with the letter "r" in the record, I agree, the surname is Puorro. (I did however actually see an entry for the name Puozzo in Ariano Irpino, which has possibly been misentered (Family Search). There was no image with it so I couldn't check.) Good catch.liviomoreno wrote:To me it is 101% Puorro, a surname found in Ariano Irpino.
Puozzo is also a valid surname but it is found mainly in the North of Italy.
Angela
Re: 2nd set of eyes on marriage act.
i thank each of you for your help with the last name.
donna
donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
