Muglia family
Muglia family
Hi All,
I'm looking for the birth of my great-grandmother Rosa Muglia, I just know she came to Brazil with her parents and she was 5 years old, probably around 1893. Family told she was from Calabria, not sure about that though. Here is all information I have:
Rosa Muglia born in 16 July 1888 in Italy (unknown city)
her father Michele Muglia born around 1857 in Italy, died in Brazil in 20 December 1931
her mother Luiza Giglio born around 1859 in Italy, died in Brazil in 16 January 1929
her father's parents
José (Giuseppe) Muglia and Magdalena Muglia
her mother's parents
Vicente (Vicenzo) Giglio and Conceição (Concetta) Lomonaco
She married to Samaritano Gammaro Domenico in 1902 in Brazil
She died in 10 October 1954 in Brazil
Regards,
Cesar
I'm looking for the birth of my great-grandmother Rosa Muglia, I just know she came to Brazil with her parents and she was 5 years old, probably around 1893. Family told she was from Calabria, not sure about that though. Here is all information I have:
Rosa Muglia born in 16 July 1888 in Italy (unknown city)
her father Michele Muglia born around 1857 in Italy, died in Brazil in 20 December 1931
her mother Luiza Giglio born around 1859 in Italy, died in Brazil in 16 January 1929
her father's parents
José (Giuseppe) Muglia and Magdalena Muglia
her mother's parents
Vicente (Vicenzo) Giglio and Conceição (Concetta) Lomonaco
She married to Samaritano Gammaro Domenico in 1902 in Brazil
She died in 10 October 1954 in Brazil
Regards,
Cesar
Re: Muglia family
POSSIBLE ??? that Michele Muglia was born in 1852 in Cosenza Province, Calabria Region, in the Comune of Guardia Piemontese.
Document image not available
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1852.Volume number 20,
document number - page 166 section -
Michele Muglia, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 16/07/1852 to GUARDIA PIEMONTESE
son/daughter of Giuseppe Muglia and of Maddalena Condino
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... heda.faces
T.
Document image not available
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1852.Volume number 20,
document number - page 166 section -
Michele Muglia, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 16/07/1852 to GUARDIA PIEMONTESE
son/daughter of Giuseppe Muglia and of Maddalena Condino
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... heda.faces
T.
Re: Muglia family
Maybe this one too could be him? Or this is the same person?
Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1859.Registro numero 54-BIS,
atto numero 64 di pagina 231 sezione d
Michele Muglia, iscritto il 27/10/1879
nato il --/--/----
da Giuseppe Muglia e da Maddalena De Luca
Note generali:
Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1859.Registro numero 54-BIS,
atto numero 64 di pagina 231 sezione d
Michele Muglia, iscritto il 27/10/1879
nato il --/--/----
da Giuseppe Muglia e da Maddalena De Luca
Note generali:
Re: Muglia family
Your hit is more likely as the date of birth is closer to what you thought (birth would have been about 20-21 years prior to enlistment date)
Unfortunately, the enlistment record you posted has no place of birth for him
Not the same person...
What is evident is that the MUGLIA surname is predominantly in the towns of Guardia Piemontese and Montalto Uffugo. (assuming the family was from Cosenza Province
)
T.
Unfortunately, the enlistment record you posted has no place of birth for him
Not the same person...
What is evident is that the MUGLIA surname is predominantly in the towns of Guardia Piemontese and Montalto Uffugo. (assuming the family was from Cosenza Province
T.
Re: Muglia family
I was told Calabria not sure if Cosenza, dont even know If they were right but highly possible It is Calabria indeed. Actually the most important to me is the birth record of Rosa Muglia, I learn she was born in 16 July 1888.
Re: Muglia family
Another Michele Muglia, born in Guardia Piemontese, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy 1886, lots of coincidences with Giuseppe Muglia, Maddalena, Rosa Muglia, but not this family.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... 8_L2SB-5S7
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... 8_L2SB-5S7
Re: Muglia family
All,
I don't have the exact arrival date of Rosa Muglia and family (Michele Muglia and Luisa Giglio), I just heard she came from Italy with 5 years old, she was born in 16 July 1888. What I also came to find is that her death record say she was born in São Lucci. I'm not sure if that information is correct but it was provided by her son in 1954 when she died.
Would São Lucci be San Lucido? (I suppose not, what a coincidence the couple being from the same city, coming to Brazil in a 5 years interval) etc. Maybe could be Luzzi? I didn't find it available in familysearch.
Anyone in position to assist with this record?
Regards,
Cesar
I don't have the exact arrival date of Rosa Muglia and family (Michele Muglia and Luisa Giglio), I just heard she came from Italy with 5 years old, she was born in 16 July 1888. What I also came to find is that her death record say she was born in São Lucci. I'm not sure if that information is correct but it was provided by her son in 1954 when she died.
Would São Lucci be San Lucido? (I suppose not, what a coincidence the couple being from the same city, coming to Brazil in a 5 years interval) etc. Maybe could be Luzzi? I didn't find it available in familysearch.
Anyone in position to assist with this record?
Regards,
Cesar
Re: Muglia family
Cesarcgammaro wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 18:25 All,
I don't have the exact arrival date of Rosa Muglia and family (Michele Muglia and Luisa Giglio), I just heard she came from Italy with 5 years old, she was born in 16 July 1888. What I also came to find is that her death record say she was born in São Lucci. I'm not sure if that information is correct but it was provided by her son in 1954 when she died.
Would São Lucci be San Lucido? (I suppose not, what a coincidence the couple being from the same city, coming to Brazil in a 5 years interval) etc. Maybe could be Luzzi? I didn't find it available in familysearch.
Anyone in position to assist with this record?
Regards,
Cesar
Thank you for the additional information. It was the key!
It was common for immigrants from the same towns/villages to settle near others from the same towns/villages in their "new" country.
Here is a POSSIBLE birth act - Carmela Rosina Muglia - born 22 July 1887, in San Lucido
Father: Michele Muglia, 27
Mother: Luisa Giglio, his wife
Child was born on 22nd at 10 PM at the house in Via S. Giovanni
She was given the name CARMELA ROSINA
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
AND***
Here is the marriage of Michele Muglia and Luisa Giglio in 1885 in San Lucido
#17 - dated 13 June 1885
Groom: Michele Muglia, unmarried, age 26, coachman, born in Cerzeto, and residing in San Lucido; son of Giuseppe [Muglia], farmer residing in Cerzeto, and of Maddalena Deluca, residing in Cerzeto
Bride: Luisa Giglio, unmarried, age 27, domestic, born in San Lucido, residing in San Lucido; daughter of Vincenzo [Giglio], coachman residing in San Lucido, and of Concetta Lomonaco, residing in San Lucido.
Publication of banns of marriage were posted on 31 May and 7 June of the current year.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
T.
Re: Muglia family
OMG that was quick. I do think this is the one I was looking for, so many coincidences (date is so close), same month, 1 year difference from what I had... City is the one I thought of... Father exactly the same, mother exactly the same. And I do think somewhere I saw her name as Rosina not Rosa. It has to be her! Thank you very much!
Now I'm missing only the husband "Samaritano Gammaro Domenico", born around 1879, son of Salvatore Gammaro.
Now I'm missing only the husband "Samaritano Gammaro Domenico", born around 1879, son of Salvatore Gammaro.
Re: Muglia family
On top of that, user suanj from this group found the following info:
Marriage of Domenico's father:
in San Lucido( Cosenza, Calabria, IT) 25 Jan 1879:
GAMMARO Salvatore Fortunato 25 old, mariner, born and residint in San Lucido, son of Francesco Gammaro and Rosa Verre
SAMMARCO Maria Carolina 22 old, seamstress, born and residing in San Lucido, daughter of Francesco Sammarco and Maria Giuseppa Scorza
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
Birth of Salvatore Fortunato Gammaro:
Salvatore Fortunato Gammaro, iscritto il --/--/----
nato il 04/04/1853 a SAN LUCIDO
da Francesco Gammaro e da Rosa Verre
4 apr 1853
Marriage record: San Lucido 8 Feb 1879
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
So now I'm missing Domenico's birth certificate which I need for my italian citizenship. I was told I can use her's if I go to the court but since they prefer I do it through the consulate because it is all men than the one from him is what I need.
I'm guessing he was born between 1879-1882, he was 10 when he arrived in Brazil 1888.
Marriage of Domenico's father:
in San Lucido( Cosenza, Calabria, IT) 25 Jan 1879:
GAMMARO Salvatore Fortunato 25 old, mariner, born and residint in San Lucido, son of Francesco Gammaro and Rosa Verre
SAMMARCO Maria Carolina 22 old, seamstress, born and residing in San Lucido, daughter of Francesco Sammarco and Maria Giuseppa Scorza
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
Birth of Salvatore Fortunato Gammaro:
Salvatore Fortunato Gammaro, iscritto il --/--/----
nato il 04/04/1853 a SAN LUCIDO
da Francesco Gammaro e da Rosa Verre
4 apr 1853
Marriage record: San Lucido 8 Feb 1879
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043464
So now I'm missing Domenico's birth certificate which I need for my italian citizenship. I was told I can use her's if I go to the court but since they prefer I do it through the consulate because it is all men than the one from him is what I need.
I'm guessing he was born between 1879-1882, he was 10 when he arrived in Brazil 1888.
Re: Muglia family
I just posted the marriage of Michele Muglia and Luisa Giglio above 
T.
T.
Re: Muglia family
Omg!!! Thank you so much, everything matches!
If you find anything from her husband please let me know! I'm impressed oh my god, very happy!
If you find anything from her husband please let me know! I'm impressed oh my god, very happy!
Re: Muglia family
Since there was no mention in the marriage of Salvatore Gammaro of children that he and his bride wanted to "recognize" - I started checking birth indices from 1879 through 1887.
Unfortunately I did not find a Domenico Sammaritano Gammaro.
T.
Unfortunately I did not find a Domenico Sammaritano Gammaro.
T.
Re: Muglia family
Yes, when I discussed with suanj she mentioned that they may have moved somewhere else because she couldn't find it either but where?
I need that birth certificate.
I need that birth certificate.
Re: Muglia family
And that Samaritano may be wrong I supposed, either that was Sammarco from his mother or something else. I just think the name Domenico is right and last name Gammaro.

