Questions regarding a Marriage Certificate that can't be found.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
SomethingNew71
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 18:55

Questions regarding a Marriage Certificate that can't be found.

Post by SomethingNew71 »

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of gathering my Jure Sanguinis documentation and I have every single document I need minus my Great Grand Parents(Italian Ancestors) marriage certificate. I have made requests to both the individual town they were married in, as well as the Archivio di stato. Both have returned official documents indicating "No record Found". I have however retrieved both of their birth certificates from two different towns, on those birth certificates they indicate they were married to each other. These documents are stamped from officially from those respective towns. Will this information be adequate to prove they were married in Italy when I got to the consulate in Ph in February?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Questions regarding a Marriage Certificate that can't be found.

Post by Tessa78 »

SomethingNew71 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:05 Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of gathering my Jure Sanguinis documentation and I have every single document I need minus my Great Grand Parents(Italian Ancestors) marriage certificate. I have made requests to both the individual town they were married in, as well as the Archivio di stato. Both have returned official documents indicating "No record Found". I have however retrieved both of their birth certificates from two different towns, on those birth certificates they indicate they were married to each other. These documents are stamped from officially from those respective towns. Will this information be adequate to prove they were married in Italy when I got to the consulate in Ph in February?
Can you post the birth acts please?

T.
Post Reply