Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
Hello! I'm researching the italian side of my family, The Amoriello's. I feel i have some pretty soild information. I started with my father who is an Amoriello. And i was able to trace back to my great grandfather, John Amoriello (his birth name was Giovanni but he changed it. Out of respect for him, I will address him as John). I have a few documents showing his birthplace as Moiano, Benvento, Italy. One document has his birthplace as luzzano, Benvento, Italy. Looking at a map, those two town are pretty close to each other. His birthday is August 1891/1892, again my documents have different years but all other info matches (childrens' names, spouse name and addresses). He came to the United States in 1913, leaving from Naples on the Mendoza and arriving in NYC then settling in Bucks County, Penn. Then moving to Downingtown, Penn. I don't know if he had any siblings. On the passenger list it has a man named Francesco listed as John's father. I cannot find anything matching to my Francesco Amoriello. I'm wondering if finding John's birth records could help confirm his parents. Sadly the last of john and Mary's (Mary Cozzone Amoriello) 8 children passed away so i can't really ask questions to family. My father is no longer living and it's important to me to collect info to pass on to my son. I'm very proud of my Italian heritage and it would mean so much to me if I could find John Amoriello's parents and maybe where they were married. I have found other Amoriellos in Luzzano and Moiano. We might be related through a common ancestor. I haven't reached to any of them because I don't want to offend anyone or anything like that. Thank you for taking the time to read my story!
-
dcameransi
- Rookie

- Posts: 25
- Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 13:16
Re: Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... =175386382
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... alNumber=2
Do you have this? Do you know if his birthday was the 9th of August (1891)?
Francesco Amoriello and Maria Vene?
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... alNumber=2
Do you have this? Do you know if his birthday was the 9th of August (1891)?
Francesco Amoriello and Maria Vene?
Re: Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
Related thread... so as not to duplicate efforts 
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/45887
T.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/45887
T.
Re: Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I was actually looking through a similar birth record book, but thank you for finding the exact page
I believe I have 3 documents with Giovanni's birth date, they all say August, but either the day or year is off. Not by much though. I do have one document that says August 9th, the other two say the 15th and 16th. Two of the documents say 1891 and one says 1892. I do understand back in those times accuracy wasn't on the top of the list for most things. All other information on these documents match (addresses, his wife's name, children's names).
Re: Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
I do believe that is my Giovanni. My grandfather (Giovanni's first born son) was named Frank. That's a nickname for Francesco. I have an Italian friend named Francesco and he goes by Frank or frankie. He did say it's possible they named my grandfather after Francesco Amoriello (Frank's grandfather). I was told some Italians gave their children who were born in America, Americanized Italian names. And that could be why Giovanni changed his name to John. My dad always said it was important to John that his family be American and take those traditions on. That's why never didn't teach his kids Italian, they just simply picked it up from the elders speaking it.
Re: Amoriello's in Luzzano/Moiano, Benvento, Italy
dcameransi wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 18:34 http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... =175386382
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... alNumber=2
Do you have this? Do you know if his birthday was the 9th of August (1891)?
Francesco Amoriello and Maria Vene?
Any way to translate this?? I got the first line, Francesco and Maria's names, Luzzano and Moiano. Forgive me, I honestly can't read the handwriting lol.
