Hugs,
Lisa
Dear Suanj,suanj wrote:Hi Trish, thisyour info are very helpful!
what data need NARA for naturalization record? and if someone, as me have some mistaken or no sure data about a italian person sure naturalized in Phila, is always possible to find the naturalization of him? let me know, regards, suanj
Don't they all?wldspirit wrote:I must confess.............I never watch tv, except for my addiction to one soap opera.....General Hospital...........and as far as sports.....
I like some sports, but only if I can be there in person......now my hubby is another story..............god forbid he should ever lose the remote controll........he watches several at the same time!!!!!
wldspirit
Hi Trish, thank you so much, yes this is my question, and your explanations is so helpful..brujaojos wrote:Dear Suanj,suanj wrote:Hi Trish, thisyour info are very helpful!
what data need NARA for naturalization record? and if someone, as me have some mistaken or no sure data about a italian person sure naturalized in Phila, is always possible to find the naturalization of him? let me know, regards, suanj
I do hope that I am understood your statement correctly. If not, please forgive me for I was a little confused by your question. I hope this answers your request.
When requesting for Naturalization Records you should give the following information.
Full Name of the Individual:
(Remember to include – Nicknames, various spellings, and Americanized names)
Date of Birth: (if known) or Year of Birth:
Spouse’s name (if known)
Immigration Date: (if known)
Naturalized between:
An Example would be:
Name: Giovanni DiIorio
Aka: John DiIorio, John Diorio
Year of Birth: 1893
Spouse’s Name: Maria Carolina (aka- Mary or Caroline)
Immigration Date: 1906 (per ship’s manifest)
Naturalized between: 1910-1920
(per the 1920 census, 1930 census, and WWI Draft Card)
Each State Archives and/or County Archives charges a different price for the naturalization records. Therefore, please call to check how much the records will cost and if it includes the postage price.
The Mid-Atlantic Region holds naturalization records for the FEDERAL Courts in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. I have a break-down of the exact Counties and years of the records for the Mid-Atlantic Region.
State Courts and County Court naturalization records are held in both the State Archives and County Archives.
If all else fails, write to NARA itself http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/naturalization/
Naturalization records after 1908 give you tons of information especially if the gentleman was married. Naturalization records are extremely important if you have no idea where your ancestor is from.
Also, remember that a person can Petition for Naturalization in one County and be Naturalized in another County.
However, it’s only my personal opinion to always have the naturalization records of your ancestors. If you already know the town your ancestor is from, then you can just jump right into ordering the microfilm for the town and start the research. (I already gave the poster how to obtain records. I just thought she might like to have the naturalization records also since the poster stated she didn’t have much information on him.)
I hope this answered your question. If you have any other questions, just ask.
Smile for me!:)
Trish