Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Thank you I agree that I’ll need it. I sent a record request to Mississippi but the person I spoke with said the office might not process my request since I didn’t know the county. There are 82 counties in MS, and the most likely one came up empty in an index search.
Not sure where in Mississippi you are looking, but you might want to check out a freelance researcher to see if they can help you.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...