Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
wldspirit wrote:Morning Elba.....or wait.......Good Evening?? Time change and all......
Anyways.......Ambrosina it is!!!!!
I searched high and low, and it is most assuredley a knick-name......
DeLisa
Wow 'wildspirit'.....you mean I actually solved a little genealogical mystery?????
I can' believe it! Not bad then for a translator eh? LOL!!
Yes it is evening here (well actually it's night)....I'm late going to bed - it's 12.40AM now - but I had a translation to finish before hitting 'pillow- land'!
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...