Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
wldspirit wrote:Morning Elba.....or wait.......Good Evening?? Time change and all......
Anyways.......Ambrosina it is!!!!!
I searched high and low, and it is most assuredley a knick-name......
DeLisa
Wow 'wildspirit'.....you mean I actually solved a little genealogical mystery?????
I can' believe it! Not bad then for a translator eh? LOL!!
Yes it is evening here (well actually it's night)....I'm late going to bed - it's 12.40AM now - but I had a translation to finish before hitting 'pillow- land'!
The name Italia, probably a Graecized form of Italic Vitelia (='calf land'), was originally restricted to the southern half of the 'toe' but was gradually extended. By 450 B.C. It meant the region subsequently inhabited by the Bruttii; by 400 it embraced Lucania as well. Campania was included after ...