Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Today I received my Great- Great-Grandmother's death certificate. It listed her parents names, which I quickly looked up on www.familysearch.org. From that I learned 3 more family names! It's so exciting!! So here are the names I found out about today:
Pipio
Megale
Mastromatteo
all from Ferrandina, Italy. I'm just throwing them out in case someone is familiar with any of them. The names I have been researching so far are:
Virelli
D'Amelia
Pellegrino
all from Ferrandina, too. Just wanted to share!!
Natalie
I am excited for you, Natalie! I was jumping for joy when I found out my great grandmother's maiden name...more pieces of the puzzle!
Happy researching
Lib
luvmynonnie wrote: I am excited for you, Natalie! I was jumping for joy when I found out my great grandmother's maiden name...more pieces of the puzzle!
Happy researching
Lib
Thank you! It's nice to come here and talk about your research finds with other fellow "detectives" because some people just aren't as enthusiastic about it!
Natalie
Looking for info on the name Mastromatteo, specifically mayor of Ferrandina in 1868. First name believed to be Domenico. Also names of de Gemmis, Carella, Santeramo, Baldovino & Ercolano. These 5 names sons of Mastromatteo. Mother of Alfredo de Gemmis Petronilla Fiore??
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...