Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am trying to trace back my family tree... I dont have much information. I was wondering if anyone new anything that could help me in this (my search)
I would love to know when they migrated here to Australia and if my mums grand dad was naturalised.
Any help is great help
thanks
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)
Search records on Australian National Archives site if your family have been Naturalized they should have a record of it.
They have 3 records for Scecchitano - www.naa.gov.au
Regards Lyn
The correct spelling is SCICCHITANO, many times people are not able to find much info because of misspelling. I come from the region of Calabria (Italy) and that name is quite common there.
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...