Gambatesa/Campobasso

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jtasca

Gambatesa/Campobasso

Post by jtasca »

I am wondering how to obtain the exact mailing address (or other contact information) for the local government and diocesan offices that might be able to help me verify that my grandfather was born in Gambatesa and thus possessed Italian citizienship before he emigrated to
jtasca

Re: Gambatesa/Campobasso

Post by jtasca »

[Post continued:] . . . before he emigrated to the USA in 1896.

Thanks very much!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can write to UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE, Comune di Gambatesa, Postale 86013, Provincia campobasso, Molise Region, Italy and send your request ina formletter (www.circolocalabrese.org select form letter) and include a self addressed enevelope and postalk coupons or cash as you wish($5.,00) . You can also obtain the same documents from the Family History Library of the Mormon church nearest yhour home and rent out the micorfilm of the civil records for Gamvatesa which date from 1809 to 1910 and view tgh eentire rercord of births,marriages and deaths in Gambatesa of yourentire family and make copiues of the records there. Rent is about $3.00 so its a good deal too. Peter
jtasca

Post by jtasca »

Peter: Thanks very much. I'll try what you suggest, and also the Mormon records once I am back in the States in the winter. I also had a greatuncle who lived in Milano, what is the address to write to there? Or, how does one find these addresses (what is your source)? Thanks in advance!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What address are you speaking of. your relative or the Ufficio di Stato Civile? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

jtasca wrote:I am wondering how to obtain the exact mailing address (or other contact information) for the local government and diocesan offices that might be able to help me verify that my grandfather was born in Gambatesa and thus possessed Italian citizienship before he emigrated to
Gambatesa common mailto (all offices) Comunegambatesa@net-point.it
In Gambatesa are this churchs http://www.parrsanbartolomeo.it/chiese.htm
-----
Parrocchia S. Bartolomeo
Largo Castello
86013 Gambatesa (CB)
Italia
-----------
Chiesa di S. Nicola
86013 Gambatesa (CB)
Italia
-----------
Chiesa del Purgatorio
86013 Gambatesa (CB)
Italia
---------------
Santuario di S. Maria della Vittoria
86013 Gambatesa (CB)
Italia
---------------
Gambatesa cards and news
http://www.gambatesa.com/
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Are you still interested in the Milano office??? I am confused at this point. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

for directory in finding addresses go to www.paginebianche.it and insert surname in firts line and city or town in thiird line and clcik CERCA. This will gie you full name(s),addresses and telephone numbers. Peter
njtoo

Post by njtoo »

Madam:
I just registered for this web page and it's wonderful !!! BTW, my great grandparents came from Gambatesa and I recently wrote to the municipal hall at the address someone else already provided to you. After about two months they sent me a copy of my great grandfather's birth abstract. It contained my great great grandparents names, and a bit more specific information we didn't have. So the address does work.

Dan
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dan congratulations but you are in someone else's posting......Peter
ss