Vetrone/Casalduni

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
pizza

Vetrone/Casalduni

Post by pizza »

Looking for info re: Mike Vetrone from Casalduni. He was born in November 28, 1885 and immigrated to Ellis Island in 1905 & 1907. He had a sister Victoria. His parents names were Dominic and De'Angelo Ma Concetta. Any help would be appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Vetrone/Casalduni

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.ellsiisland.,org you can find a record of his arrival in the USA and since you know the town of origin and his immediate family I can onlly guess that you would like to trace his family back as far as pissilbe. Civil records such as birth,marriage and death records can be obtained either thru the microfilms for Casalduni, Provincia benevento thru the Family History Library of the Mormon church near your home or you can write to casalduni's Ufficio di Stato Civile for documents providing you have full names an dates or years of birth. Should you have some idea of what you want to know it makes it easy to assist you but you only seem to restrict your inquiry to "Milke" (Michele) Vetrone and the immediate family. Peter
pizza

Post by pizza »

Thanks for the reply. I have all the info I can get from Ellis Island. I've even visited there! I am trying to find possible relatives in Italy. I'm not necessarily restricitng to immediate family - I just thought that was a start. I do also know there was a half brother (Pellegrino William Vetrone). I haven't tried the Mormon church yet. That was next. I do know that his passport says Michele. There was also a woman who apparently followed him to US, married,divorced & returned to Italy after 8 years. Her name was Maria Gracia Piccirillo. I always seem to come to a dead end. Thanks again.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Have you gone to the www.paginebianche.it and looked them up in the town. Ist and 3rd lines and CERCA. Peter
pizza

Post by pizza »

Hey thanks, I did find Vetrones in Casalduni & Benevento. Thats a gd start. Now I might have to do some letter writing!! Just need to figure out some Italian! Thanks again.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

www.freetranslation.com. If you want a form letter to potential relative let me know. Peter
pizza

Post by pizza »

A form letter would be great. Thanks for all the help.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Send me your e-mail by private message. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

pizza wrote:Looking for info re: Mike Vetrone from Casalduni. He was born in November 28, 1885 and immigrated to Ellis Island in 1905 & 1907. He had a sister Victoria. His parents names were Dominic and De'Angelo Ma Concetta. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi: someone birth record of Vetrone's from Casalduni http://marie.bravepages.com/survet.htm and persons emigrated from Casalduni
http://marie.bravepages.com/casman.htm
regards, suanj
Amck

Post by Amck »

I am nowhere close to researching my family in Italy...but...came across this post and wanted to get in on it...hope you don't mind! I recently found a "clue" that my family came from Benevento, Italy.
Surname: Vetrone (Michael) wife Mary Beltrano (sp?) immigrated in the
1890 s. Haven't even started this part of my research...so I might be jumping ahead of myself...
Looking for info on surname Vetrone for family tree. Michael or Michele Vetrone I believe is from the area of Casalduni Benevento - immigrated 1890's Michael in 1892 and his wife 1893 Mary or Maria (Beltrano - Bettrani - Beltrani) from same area.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to the family history library of the Mormon church nearest your home you can rent the miocrofilm for the years 1809 to 1860 all all birth,marriage and death recorfds in Casalduni. Since you know his parents names in Casaduni then all yhou have to do is rent the mirofilm of these births,marriagews and deaths and trace your family back to 1809. This will preclude you from having to do any more research until youi are ready for anythingbeyond 1809. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Amck wrote:I am nowhere close to researching my family in Italy...but...came across this post and wanted to get in on it...hope you don't mind! I recently found a "clue" that my family came from Benevento, Italy.
Surname: Vetrone (Michael) wife Mary Beltrano (sp?) immigrated in the
1890 s. Haven't even started this part of my research...so I might be jumping ahead of myself...
Hi: from 1880 to 1891 are some records about this surname, but nobody for Vetrone Michele and Beltrano (just sp) Maria ;
are an record for Vetrone Michele emigrated in 1892, age 22 http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 0267055616&
regards, suanj
Amck

Post by Amck »

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate the help.

Are there other ports other then Ellis? I know that the family settled in Maryland...

Michael and Mary did not travel together. She came later with a baby girl Mamie or Minnie.

Also, Nicholas Giangolo immigrated 1889. Both Michael and Nicholas listed occupation as stone cutters/mason.
Looking for info on surname Vetrone for family tree. Michael or Michele Vetrone I believe is from the area of Casalduni Benevento - immigrated 1890's Michael in 1892 and his wife 1893 Mary or Maria (Beltrano - Bettrani - Beltrani) from same area.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Amck wrote:Thank you for the info. I really appreciate the help.

Are there other ports other then Ellis? I know that the family settled in Maryland...

Michael and Mary did not travel together. She came later with a baby girl Mamie or Minnie.

Also, Nicholas Giangolo immigrated 1889. Both Michael and Nicholas listed occupation as stone cutters/mason.
Hi: are listed as BELTRANI Maria from Casalduni, age 22 in 1893 husband Vetrone in travel with son(daughter) Vetrone Filomena(Minnie) age 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/match ... &dwpdone=1
not are record for Giangolo surname ..in Italy, currently, Giangolo not exist, probable Giancola( or Giancolo ) are 2 records for Nicola Giancola but nobody emigrated in 1889(1888 and 1883)
regards, suanj
Amck

Post by Amck »

Wow...You are good. I too was on Ellis searching....but I didn't come up with that! However, I am somewhat of a novice...thank you!