Latin Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 23:44
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Latin Marriage Record

Post by rdel4577 »

Can anyone read this and translate either to Italian or English? I think it is Pietro Russo and Anna Cognova but I can't understand any of the parents. Image is pretty hard to read.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.


http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7818/scan0001bu.jpg
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by liviomoreno »

It's hard to rad but I believe it is a death record about Franciscus Majensa aged 60.
I do not see the names Pietro Russo and Anna Cognova
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by Lucap »

It's not a marriage record, but a death act referring to Francesco Maienza, aged about 60.

L.
User avatar
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 23:44
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by rdel4577 »

I guess I should check the posts before I send them. I sent the wrong scan. This should be the right one. Sorry.

Roberto



http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5192/scan0001sw.jpg
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by Lucap »

rdel4577 wrote:...Image is pretty hard to read.
Alla faccia del "pretty hard"!!

I read:
date: december 17th 1718(?)
Pietro Russo, widow of the late Caterina(???) Bracco, son of the late Giacomo and the living Caterina
and
Anna Cognato(?), widow of the late Gaspare Guagliardo, daughter of the late Giovanni and the living Marta (or Maria)

L.
User avatar
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 23:44
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by rdel4577 »

Luca,

Grazie tanto!! Credevo che era scritto che tutti due eranno sposati prima ma non sono tanto bravo di Latino.
Trovo tutti questi record su Family Search. Hanno digitato (parola?) tutti record di parochia di Bisacquino in Sicilia. E molto interessante.
Grazie di nuovo.

Roberto
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by Lucap »

rdel4577 wrote:...Hanno digitato (parola?)
Digitalizzato :wink:

L.
Post Reply