can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
Borsalino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 12:27

can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by Borsalino »

...if I have some wrong legal documents such as wrong family member registrations which I cannot correct? because I need to present them to the embassy for the process to be held... or is it ok to present them as they are?
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by mler »

I think you stated in another post that the problem was in the registration of your uncles (your father's half brothers). Do you mean registration in Italy? In any case, the problem is not with your father so it should not affect you at all.
User avatar
Borsalino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 12:27

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by Borsalino »

In Italy they are registered under their mother's name, but here they are registered under my grandmother's name... What if they ask my father if he has brothers and sisters?
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Borsalino wrote:...What if they ask my father if he has brothers and sisters?
There is no reason for them to ask and no reason for you to offer the information. It has no impact on your father's citizenship nor your own.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Borsalino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 12:27

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by Borsalino »

don't you have to fill an application first?
which must include family members, brothers, sisters, relatives in italy etc...
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by mler »

No. The application focuses only on your direct line of descent.
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: can I apply for the italian citizenship?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Borsalino wrote:don't you have to fill an application first?
which must include family members, brothers, sisters, relatives in italy etc...
See this page and, in particular, the "Form 1" link at the bottom.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Post Reply