Cirelli-Molli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
concetta1

Cirelli-Molli

Post by concetta1 »

Cirelli, Emilio - born 1888-died 1972 married to Concetta (nee Molli) born 1890 - died 1966. Married in Italy. Came to US (New Jersey-Hudson County) in 1910 from Torrioni Avellino, Campania, Italy. They had seven children: Ethel, Pat, Norma, Clara, Ines, Maria (Chick) and Emil (Bill).
Would love to find out when they were married and where and any info about their ancestry.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Cirelli-Molli

Post by Tessa78 »

Welcome to the forum! :-)

Since you know your grandparent's comune (town) of birth, you can write to the comune to request a copy of the birth records. There may be a notation on his birth record noting the marriage if he was married in Italy. The marriage would probably have taken place in the comune of the bride. This website will offer some information about Italian records
www.angelfire.com/ok3/...ello2.html
and this one will provide you with Italian form letters to make your request.
www.angelfire.com/ok3/...tters.html

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You can also request your grandparent's Social Security Application if they had a SS#. This form will contain the names of parents and the city/town/country of birth. Cost $27 if you know the SS#, $29 if you don't.

I found this info on Concetta...and Emilio (I deleted the SS#, but will post if you want it)

Name: Concetta Cirelli
SSN:
Last Residence: 07024 Fort Lee, Bergen, New Jersey, United States of America
Born: 8 Dec 1890
Died: Feb 1966
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (Before 1951)

Name: Emil Cirelli
SSN:
Last Residence: 07024 Fort Lee, Bergen, New Jersey, United States of America
Born: 29 Jan 1888
Died: Jul 1972
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (Before 1951)

Use the link below for directions.
http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

T.
concetta1

Post by concetta1 »

Thank you so much Tessa. I wasn't sure if the town they came from is where they were born...my grandmother might have been from Salerno. For some reason that rings a bell. We were always told that they were from the "Naploli region". The info I do have I got from Ellis Island records.
I will research the SS#-I did write them down and have them somewhere, but I didn't know about the form you can request. Fabulous!
Again, many thanks.
Concetta
clarasgirl

Post by clarasgirl »

I am Clara Cirelli's granddaughter. I have been searching for as much info possible about where her parents Emil and Concetta are from and their heritage. Have you found any information out? Who are you related to? My grandmother Clara, married Frank J Pahler and they eventually moved to California with my mom and 2 uncles. Aunt Norma moved as well and married Grady May and they have Connie. I remember Aunt Chickie living in Florida and I do know some of the back story but not alot. My mom, Joy, and I want to take a trip to NY and maybe visit the Union City area. Do you have any info to share?
clarasgirl

Post by clarasgirl »

Wait, are you Connie? Aunt Norma's daughter?
concetta1

Post by concetta1 »

remove
concetta1

Post by concetta1 »

remove
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

This is a bit late perhaps, but it appears that both Emilio and Concetta came to the US on the same voyage (Lines 14 and 15 on the manifest linked to below).

Looking at the second page of the manifest, the Place of Birth is clearly listed as Torrioni for both Emilio and Concetta.

Manifest, page 1: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... tpage1.jpg

Manifest, page 2: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... tpage2.jpg
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
concetta1

Post by concetta1 »

johnny-
Thank you so much...I would have never been able to read that...that is so helpful.... :D
concetta
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Concetta,

You can write to the comune for birth and marriage records. You should write your letter in Italian. This site will help you to generate a form letter...

http://circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp

The address:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Giuseppe Lombardi
83010 Torrioni (AV)
ITALY

T.
concetta1

Post by concetta1 »

Tessa,
Thank you for the info...very helpful. Never knew you could write to the civil offices in Italy and request records. When time permits, I will do this.
Thanks again. :D
Concetta