Brazilian Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
CarlFaulkner

Brazilian Records

Post by CarlFaulkner »

What is the best source in Brazil to obtain the exact birthplace of an Italian immigrant (1896).

I have a Brazilian marriage certificate; passenger list info and Brazilian death certificate. These only state Italy or Verona, Italy. I want to determine whether Verona is the city or the state.

Any ideas on which Brazlian documention would state town/city of birth?

Thank you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Brazilian Records

Post by suanj »

CarlFaulkner wrote:What is the best source in Brazil to obtain the exact birthplace of an Italian immigrant (1896).

I have a Brazilian marriage certificate; passenger list info and Brazilian death certificate. These only state Italy or Verona, Italy. I want to determine whether Verona is the city or the state.

Any ideas on which Brazlian documention would state town/city of birth?

Thank you.
Verona are most probable the birth place; verona is an town of Veneto region and also capital of Verona province in Veneto region... In all province land are many Commons, and also in Verona province more Verona town, and for know the exact birth place (if is Verona town or an Common in Verona province) you ask the "processo para casamento" of ancestor.. regards, suanj
CarlFaulkner

Re: Brazilian Records

Post by CarlFaulkner »

Thanks for that info...I'll give it a try.