Thanks for sharing! I've learned a lot about Italian genealogy since I joined this forum. I'm starting my German genealogy soon (just emailed a cousin a week ago) and will be sure to watch the videos for it.
Thanks for this information. I just passed it along to the president of my village genealogy club as well as to the people who attended the Italian genealogy workshop I ran in mid March.
The video class on Italian Geneology by the LDS was very helpful to me as a non Italian speaker in extracting pertinent info from Italian vital records.
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...