I'm having difficulty reading the lower half of this image. It begins with:
il nome di Pietro-
a __ __ 1870 es_o Ciavarella _____ a
Martino Angela Maria
Lucera 4/2 ___
(signature)
I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
handwriting on 1838 birth record
Re: handwriting on 1838 birth record
Looks like a notation for a marriage that took place on 5 September(7bre) 1870 between Pietro (Ciavarella) and Angela Maria Martino.
The last date is probably when that notation was recorded...hard to read.
T.
The last date is probably when that notation was recorded...hard to read.
T.
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: handwriting on 1838 birth record
Thank you, Tessa!
I don't have their exact date of marriage, but I know the third record of their marriage banns was dated June 30, 1870, so I understand they were free to marry after that.
So is part of it written "esso Ciavarella sposava a" ?
I don't have their exact date of marriage, but I know the third record of their marriage banns was dated June 30, 1870, so I understand they were free to marry after that.
So is part of it written "esso Ciavarella sposava a" ?
Re: handwriting on 1838 birth record
The date which is 4/2/96 would be February 4, 1896 (month and day are written in the reverse in Italian) and that would be the date the marriage notation was added on the bottom of the birth record, as T has said. I agree with you that the first number is a 4.
Re: handwriting on 1838 birth record
To answer your question-yes, it says "esso Ciavarella sposava a Martino Angela Maria."
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: handwriting on 1838 birth record
Thank you, maestra! That's very helpful.
