Searching for records on [b]Joseph Rubino[/b]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
QuestionSleep

Searching for records on [b]Joseph Rubino[/b]

Post by QuestionSleep »

I've already posted something similar, but maybe someone else can help.

My great grandfather's name was Joseph William Rubino (Not Guiseppe) and his wife's name was Elizabeth. I have looked and looked, but only now have I realized how many Joseph Rubino's there are, I do not know much other information other than his name and that he probably came from Bari

Any help?
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Searching for records on [b]Joseph Rubino[/b]

Post by mfjp »

Hi QuestionSleep,

Really glad you reposted...

Wouldn't Joseph William Rubino just be his American name...?

If he was probably born in the Bari area wouldn't it be Giuseppe Guglielmo Rubino?

Was his wife Elizabeth Italian as well... if so were they married in Italy?

If you know his year of birth, siblings, please mention. If there are many Joseph Rubino's out there.. it's best you find this out.

Do you know where he first settled in the USA?

mfjp
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Q,
Reviewed your postings......Mfjp asked you some very good questions,
in order for the forum to locate Joseph Rubino more info is needed.
While we may locate a Joseph Rubino, even married to an Elizabeth,
it may not be your Joseph. Do you know the names of their children? Or their birthdates?

In tracing your family tree....your number one!! starting with yourself, and a notebook, working backwards, write down full names, birthdates, marriages, dates of death for all family members. Prove the facts as you go, don't skip generations!! You can't prove John Doe was your great grandfather unless you can show evidence that your grandfather was his son!! Hope that makes sense!! (Trish could have summed it up better :P )

Once you are armed with more identifying info's the forum can surely help you..............
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

QuestionSleep wrote:I've already posted something similar, but maybe someone else can help.

My great grandfather's name was Joseph William Rubino (Not Guiseppe) and his wife's name was Elizabeth. I have looked and looked, but only now have I realized how many Joseph Rubino's there are, I do not know much other information other than his name and that he probably came from Bari

Any help?
Hi QuestionSleep, in your previous topic here, well your ancestor was Dominic Rubino, now Joseph William Rubino, always married with Elizabeth Pilone/i/lli.... more was emigrated in Canada or in USA?
please explane better...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

I have some Rubino's from Puglia not necessarily Bari.

They are Francesco Rubino and his daughter Cesaria Rubino [1668-1712]. Your relation must be related somewhere but you need to look for the name Giuseppi ... this name is a traditional name in Puglia. It would never have been Joseph in English spelling. He will have a grandfather on his fathers side called Giuseppi and his son would be your grandfather.

Good Luck with it.

RD
MariaE

Post by MariaE »

I am researching a Joseph (Joe) Rubino died California, USA in 1974, born 31 Oct. 1902 in Bitritto, Bari, Italy and came to U.S. 1921. Was Naturalized in Nevada County CA in 1936, his father's name was Sivino (?) and I am trying to find an obituary from Modesto, CA or any living relative. I believe this man was related to my Great Grandmother Maria Gaetana Rubino b. Bitritto, Bari Italy married Felice Ferri. I want to know how these persons were related.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

http://www.comune.bitritto.ba.it/serviz ... _servizi=7

demografici@comune.bitritto.ba.it

This is an email address to email for information from the town. If you have an estimated year of marriage for your Maria Gaetana Rubino, and she married in the town, you could write and ask them for the specific date and the names of her parents. You could also ask for the names of the parents of Giuseppe (Joe) Rubino.

To help you with writing in Italian, you can refer to the following website-

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

MariaE wrote:I am researching a Joseph (Joe) Rubino died California, USA in 1974, born 31 Oct. 1902 in Bitritto, Bari, Italy and came to U.S. 1921. Was Naturalized in Nevada County CA in 1936, his father's name was Sivino (?) and I am trying to find an obituary from Modesto, CA or any living relative. I believe this man was related to my Great Grandmother Maria Gaetana Rubino b. Bitritto, Bari Italy married Felice Ferri. I want to know how these persons were related.
for references, from Ancestry.com the 1921 arrival manifest:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Giuseppe Rubino
Name: Giuseppe Rubino
Arrival Date: 4 Jun 1921
Birth Year: abt 1903
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: birtritto
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Guglielmo Peirce

image page 1:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqyfpRr

image page 2:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsG5Oi

Giuseppe Rubino was 18, single, place of birth and last residence Bitritto, going to Chicago to join his brother Francesco, leaving in Bitritto his father Savino...

Naturalization marks on his line on the manifest:
19-4276- 4/17/36

19 is the INS naturalization office of:

19 Salt Lake City, UT Southern ID, Beaverhead Co. MT, Eastern NV, UT, WY (Lincoln, Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton, and Uinta Co)

http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/mani ... 33-43.html

Social Security Death Index
about Joe Rubino
Name: Joe Rubino
SSN:
Last Residence: 95350 Modesto, Stanislaus, California, United States of America
Born: 31 Oct 1902
Died: Jul 1974
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951)

Laura