Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore, Belluno Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore, Belluno Italy

Post by JamesBianco »

Researching the following families in
Valle di cadore and Pieve di cadore, Provincia di Belluno

DaVia DelFavero Agnoli Marinello Epifano

I have more details if anyone is interested.

Jim Bianco
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore, Belluno Italy

Post by ptimber »

business? Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

????
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

ditto
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

I too am researching in Valle di Cadore. I had some research done there two years ago on the DelFavero surname. In July I was able to digitally microfilm all of the records at Valle dating back to 1550.
In three months I will have all of the records extracted into families.

I would be interested to know the extent and source of your research.
Trevisan2
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Well, at this point the only documents I have been able to get is from writing to the Stato Civile of Valle di cadore.

My Great-Grandmother :Amelia Elizabetta DELFAVERO born 19 August 1877 Valle ,
Father: Osvaldantonio DELFAVERO born 16 November 1839 VDC
Mother: Maria Anna AGNOLI 27 December 1841 VDC

PaternalGFather: Giovanni DELFAVERO
PaternalGmother: Giovanna Antonia DELFAVERO

MaternalGF: Sante AGNOLI
MaternalGM: Maria MARINELLO

This all came from a Sort of Family Census the Stato sent me.

Amelia's siblings were:

i. GIOVANNA3 DELFAVERO, b. 16 March 1865.
ii. GIOVANNI DELFAVERO, b. 08 April 1867.
iii. MARIA DELFAVERO, b. 13 March 1870.
iv. GIUSEPPE DELFAVERO, b. 22 September 1872.
v. GIUDETTA FILOMENA DELFAVERO, b. 23 January 1875.
vi. AMELIA ELIZABETTA DELFAVERO, b. 19 August 1877,
vii. ROSA CLEOFA DELFAVERO, b. 13 January 1880.
viii. LUIGIA MARGHERITA DELFAVERO, b. 22 May 1882.
ix. ANGELO GIUSEPPE DELFAVERO, b. 28 October 1884.

Thanks a lot!
Jim
lola66

Post by lola66 »

I make three! I am beginning my search in the Cadore area (Tai de Cadore) I also have Del Favero, da Via, in my tree. I have a tree that a family member started (researching De Tone and Coletti) but there is no backup documentation and there are many discrepancies. I have taken it upon myself to fill in the blanks after starting my father's line 5 years ago...
nursedr

Post by nursedr »

My name is Jeanne Del Favero. My Grandfather Frank(Francesco) lived in Valle di Cadore. He immigrated to the USA in 1910. He was a cabinet maker by trade while living in Italy & a master carpenter & contractor while in the USA. He had 1 brother Rudolph who immigrated with him. He had another brother Peter that was robbed and killed while sailing from Italy to America. I know he had some sisters in Italy who never left Italy but I don't know what their names were. As true with many Northern Italians my Grandfather was very light skinned with Blue eyes. I am planning a trip to Valle di Cadore next year. I know that there are many Del Favero's who still live there. I am hoping I can find out some more info on my grandfather & his family
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

nursedr wrote:My name is Jeanne Del Favero. My Grandfather Frank(Francesco) lived in Valle di Cadore. He immigrated to the USA in 1910. He was a cabinet maker by trade while living in Italy & a master carpenter & contractor while in the USA. He had 1 brother Rudolph who immigrated with him. He had another brother Peter that was robbed and killed while sailing from Italy to America. I know he had some sisters in Italy who never left Italy but I don't know what their names were. As true with many Northern Italians my Grandfather was very light skinned with Blue eyes. I am planning a trip to Valle di Cadore next year. I know that there are many Del Favero's who still live there. I am hoping I can find out some more info on my grandfather & his family
My great grandmother Amelia Delfavero was born in Valle in 1872, the daughter of Osvaldantonio Delfavero (1839-1914) and Maria Anna Agnoli (1841) Her grandparents were Giovanni Delfavero and Giovanna Antonia Delfavero and also Sante Agnoli and Maria Marinello. Do you know anything of Francesco's parents?

Jim Bianco
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

James I discovered this web site, from a Roberto that has common roots in Valle di Cadore. He shares the AGNOLI surname. His web site is of the most extensive that I have seen, some 10000 names.

www.piccioli.com/genealogia

Reguards,

Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

That is an amazing site. I just can't connect to any of those Agnoli's yet I am not far enough back.

Jim
CaliforniaPeach

Post by CaliforniaPeach »

Hi Jim.
I am wondering if you may have any info about my great grandmother Maria Lucia Marinello** ( Birth 12 December 1874 in Valle di Cadore, Belluno.) Daughter of Giovanni Antonio "Della Comare" Marinello and Maria Grazia "Irene" Rizzardi. I am interested in date of death because her husband and 3 children immigrated to Buenos Aires, Argentina in the 1920’s. They were husband, Giuseppe Antonio Da Damos, born 2 Dec 1859 in Belluno, Veneto, Italy and children Mario Luigi Valentino DaDamos b. 1900, Irene Maddalena Agnese DaDamos b.1902 (my grandmother), Angelo Luigi DaDamos 1904.

The youngest child, Jolanda Da Damos** (Birth 1906 in Pieve di Cadore, Belluno) stayed in Italy. She later married Mr. AIroldi** and had a son Aldo Airoldi** Birth 1906 in Pieve di Cadore, Belluno, death Feb 2013 in Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy. I would love to learn about Jolanda and her family as well.
Thanks!
Claudia
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Claudia :-)

Since this is a 10 year old thread, I thought I would give you some assistance :-)

Here is the birth record in 1874 of Maria Lucia Marinello.
In the margin is a notation of her marriage to Giuseppe Da Damos on 16 April 1899 in Valle di Cadore. Act #14.

Birth Act #97
Dated 12 December 1874 at the town office in Valle di Cadore at 10 AM
Before the official appeared Maria Antonia Agnoli [daughter of Angelo], age 42, farmer residing in this town, to declare the birth today the 12th of December at 5 AM to Irene Rizzardi [daughter of Bortolo] wife of Giovanni Marinello [son of Pietro] age 50, green-grocer, residing in this town at Borgata di Vallefina, #290, a female child whose parents intend to give the name MARIA LUCIA
The child was not presented to the official due to the distance and the rigors of the season.
The declarant (Agnoli) declared the birth in the place of the father as he was in a foreign country.

click to enlarge

I will search for her death act since it was not noted on her birth registration...

EDIT TO ADD:

I have searched the death acts in Valle di Cadore from 1906-1928 and have not found Maria Lucia Marinello (she would have been listed under her maiden name)
I also searched in Pieve di Cadore with no success.

Are you sure she was deceased when her husband and children immigrated to Argentina?
She would have been listed on the manifest under her maiden name - Marinello, not as Da Damos.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Also...
Here is the marriage record for Maria Lucia Marinelloo and Giuseppe Antonio Da Damos in 1899 - Record #14
He is age 39, born and residing in Pieve di Cadore.
She is age 24, born and residing in Valle di Cadore.

Right side of image

Birth act of Irene Maddalena Agnese Da Damos in 1902 in Pieve di Cadore...

T.
CaliforniaPeach

Post by CaliforniaPeach »

Thank you so much Tessa! I am not 100% sure of Maria Lucia Marinello going to Argentina, but I found immigration records for her two sons, and later for her daughter (my grandmother) and her Maria's husband traveling together to Argentina. I assumed she stayed in Italy with her youngest child, Jolanda Da Damos (b. 1906) who later married Airoldi. I believe he is listed as a widower on the ship manifest.

thanks again for your help.. Please let me know if you find anything else.