Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

O.K. Tessa. I'm trying Image Shack. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

While I can read some of this document, some of the script is defeating me, especially on the bride's side (Marta Teresa Musto?). I have found her mothers name (which I need) impossible to read.
Would someone please translate this document for me.

Also, as usual, I am confused. :? Is the date on the Atti di Matrimonio the actual wedding date (civil)? Or is the church date correct for the actual wedding?
Thank you.

Jim

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/mustonuzz ... 37001.jpg/
http://img412.imageshack.us/i/mustonuzz ... 37002.jpg/

edit: Wow, Tessa. :D
It looks like Image Shack provides the reader a larger image to view. :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

The actual marrige takes place at the church (the canonical marriage)... It took place in S. Pietro in Corso.

This church wedding took place on the 31st of October 1837.

As for the names...I agree - they are hard to read...
Groom is Cristoforo Nuzzolo, 42, born in S. Pietro in Corso, living on Strada S. Pietro (boy that makes it confusing :-) )..son of deceased Giuseppe and Rachele Aveta (my best effort) weaver,who resides with son - looks like Angelorosa Cosentaro (sp?)

AND

Maria Teresa Musto, 39, weaver, born in S. Pietro in Corso, residing same Strada as above, daughter of Donato who is living with his daughter, and deceased Maria Alons(z?)o. (note says "la sposa" of Antonio Famina (sp?).

This is only page one... :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim..

Sorry :-( Have to run...

I'll translate page two (the extensive list of documents0 for you when I come back if someone hasn't translated for you..

For now... 1) Grooms birth record; 2) Bride's birth record; 3) Groom's father's death record...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

4) Hard to read and lengthy...something to do with ancestors - and name and surname... also something about the church wedding (previous?)
5) Death record of wife of groom
5) - yes the number was repeated - the bride's mother's death record
6) Bride's first husband's death record
7)record of the pubblication of the banns and non-opposition to the wedding.

T.

Happy Father's Day :-D
june9

Post by june9 »

oilman19 wrote:O.K. Tessa. I'm trying Image Shack. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

While I can read some of this document, some of the script is defeating me, especially on the bride's side (Marta Teresa Musto?). I have found her mothers name (which I need) impossible to read.
Would someone please translate this document for me.

Also, as usual, I am confused. :? Is the date on the Atti di Matrimonio the actual wedding date (civil)? Or is the church date correct for the actual wedding?
Thank you.

Jim

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/mustonuzz ... 37001.jpg/
http://img412.imageshack.us/i/mustonuzz ... 37002.jpg/

edit: Wow, Tessa. :D
It looks like Image Shack provides the reader a larger image to view. :)
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Tessa,
I had a wonderful father's day I got to spend it with my grandson (5 yrs old). :D

My research has not yielded any info on San Pietro in Corso. Was it a frazione in S.M. that no longer exists?
Is Angelorosa Cosentaro Cristoforo's first wife?
Was Antonio Famina Maria's first husband? :?

Thank you.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

I can't tell you anything about S. Pietro in Corso. Maybe someone here on the forum knows... :-(

As for "Angelorosa Consentaro" - don't know. After it says that Rachele Aveta lives with her son there is a comma, then a word I cannot decipher and then Angelorosa Consentaro (if that is the correct spelling.

Since there is a document (#6) that is the death record of the bride's first husband, my guess is that Antonio Famina (sp?) is the first husband - "la sposa di Antonio..." reads "the spouse (feminine) of Antonio..."

T.

Glad you had a great day!
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Hi Jim and T
Happy Father's Day, Jim.

I think that it is S. Pietro in Corpo and not Corso. I thought that too when I looked at it earlier, but I found a reference to the former under SMCV

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_Capua_Vetere

L'abitato moderno cominciò lentamente a rinascere a partire dal XII secolo con la nascita di tre diversi casali attorno alle basiliche cristiane di S. Maria Maggiore, o detta dei Surechi, S. Pietro in Corpo e S. Erasmo in Capitolio.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi June9,

I sent you a PM with the info you are seeking. :)

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There were three different hamlets surrounding the christian basilicas of S. Maria Maggiore, or that of the Surechi, S. Pietro in Corpo and S.Erasmo in Capitolio.

I'm guessing that the section in which the basilica with that name was also bore its name.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Peg,

Yes, I also found San Pietro in Corpo, but it is a Church... :-?

http://www.comune.santa-maria-capua-vet ... pietro.asp

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Other than thinking that the neighborhood in which the church or basilica was located had the same name, I don't know what else to say. I searched on the Italian search engine, which sometimes yields more results, but nothing comes up.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I was thinking along those lines, too. Maybe the village/hamlet no longer exists but was in the neighborhood in which the church stands. I tried looking in the frazioni listings, and found MANY San Pietros, but none in or near SMCV
:-(
http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_f ... san_pu.htm

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

That has to be it!

Went back to look at the document and the Church ceremony took place in the Parocca di San Pietro in Cors(p)o...must be the same church that we found.
So S. Pietro in Corpo is the correct name of the place AND it no longer exists...

:-)

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

T
I had searched that list of frazioni earlier this morning and didn't see any match either. At least we think alike.
Peg