Giuseppeantonio Pollastri death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Giuseppeantonio Pollastri death record

Post by cargor »

There is a part on the death record that I don't understand, especially the words following Giuseppeantonio Pollastri. Thank you.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7892 ... ntonio.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppeantonio Pollastri death record

Post by Tessa78 »

Sometimes it's easier to get the meaning if you can view the entire document.

T.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Tessa, I am posting the whole morte document. Thank you.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6509 ... omorte.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is my take on the whole document...
the words after Giuseppantonio's name are difficult to decipher, but there are others here on the forum who will take a look and give you their take...

Act of Death #12
The year 1859 on the first of the month of April (I first thought this was August until I saw it again in the atto), at the hour 20 (8 PM) before me Luigi Perelli (Perillo?) Eletto Officer of the Vital Records of the town of Civitaretenga, District of Aquila, Province of Aquila, appeared Nicolo de Laurentis of age 66 (or 69), laborer, residing in Civitaretenga, and Nunzio Gasbarri, 56, laborer, residing in Civitaretenga, to declare that on the first day of the month of April 1859 at the hour 15 (3PM) died Giuseppantonio Pollastro xxxx? (my guess would be his place of death - probably the house of deceased)... age 50, born in Civitaretenga, laborer, residing in Civitaretenga, son of Ferdinando Pollastro, laborer, residing in Civitaretenga and deceased Eugenia Baldassare, spinner.
Declared and signed by the official.

T.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Tessa78, thank you again. This must be my g-g-grandfather based on the age. He was born about 1809 and if he died in 1859, he would have been 50 years old. I also thought it was the month of August when he died but I think your right....it could be April. I really appreciate your help.
Have a great weekend.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Glad to help :-)

T.