Document I think

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Document I think

Post by Last »

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9560/page0086.jpg

Hello everyone I think I dounloaded a file that needs a translation. I hope I did the right file. Please let me know what it states. :?
Parente, Camerlengo, De Iorio, Di Luca, Mirra, Mirro, De Stefano, De Spirito
pischionet

Re: Document I think

Post by pischionet »

It's the death record of Parente francesco. He died the 13 april 1883 at 10:40 am in the Municipal house in Montefusco (Avellino near Naples)
That's enough?
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Actually the death took place yesterday (ieri), at 9 P.M., so it took place on the 12th of April and not on the 13th. The infant was two days old. Parents were Giovanni Parente and Anastasia Camerlengo.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Giovanni was a contadino; Anastasia was a contadina (both peasents/farmers)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

correctly spelling of peasants!
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Thanks for the translation. I was wondering if it could be translated word for word. I would appreciate it very much.
:)
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8580/page0091.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1108/page0090.jpg

Please can someone translate the attachments for me? :)

Thank you very much.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I can only translate your first image above (a birth), as the second one has nothing to see...

Birth Record for Ciriaco Parente

The year 1871, day 10 of August, in Montefusco at hour 15 (3PM) before me Francesco DeLuca, Secretary of the Comune of Montefusco, Province of Principata Ultra, delegated by the Mayor by the act of 12 April 1866 and approved on day 13 of the same by the Procuatore (counsel) of the Tribunale, District of Avellino as functionary Office of the Vital Records of the acts of birth and death, appeared Giovanni Parente, son of Ciriaco, age 27, landowner, residing in Montefusco, to present to me a baby of male sex what he declared was born yesterday the 9th of the current month....

Need next image....

T.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Mission accomplished! :-)

cont'd...

August at the hour 21 (9PM) to his wife Anastasia Camerlengo, daughter of Filippo, age 28, landowner residing with him (the father) at his house on contrada Paraffia (sp?), was born a son who was given the name Ciriaco Parente...
This declaration was made in the presence of Saverio Pernita (sp?) son of deceased Angelo, age 45; and Francesco Saverio Oliviero son of deceased Raffaele, 38, both peasant farmers residing in Montefusco, witnesses to this declaration. I read the act to those present and only I signed below and the others declared since they were illiterate.

T.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Thank you so much for helping me. Do you notice the other file I sent? I sent all that I have right now. I now it is a lot of work and time but if you could please let me know what the other papers are and what the say?

I thank you very much again. :D :D :D :) :) :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

That's a large group of documents. 8O

You'll have to be patient as members look them over and give you some idea. But we'll get to them :-)

T.
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

How about seeing what you can do yourself? You don't have to be fluent in Italian to figure out much of what the documents say if you have the right resources. Here's a valuable one: http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... efault.htm
Also the LDS site has a tutorial for Italian documents (scroll down): http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ctiveTab=2
There are also some good books, pictured at the lower left side of this page. You may find you enjoy what you learn in the process.

Then you can bring your tough questions to the experts on this forum.