I am looking for info on Thomaso mancina / mancini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cheryln

I am looking for info on Thomaso mancina / mancini

Post by cheryln »

Hello Everyone,
I am unsure on how to find out more information about my Husbands great grandfather and mother.
Thomaso Mancina and Angelia Mancina ( maiden name Matzinke).
Thomaso according to the 1911 census was born in Trassock Italy around 1873 and his wife Angelia was born in Naples Italy around 1876. My father in-law remembers photos of Thomaso dressed in a carabiniere uniform (hopefully i got the spelling right).We are not sure when they arrived in the UK. We do know that their first child was born in Birmingham in 1893.

Please let me know if you have any hints on how to start the search.
Thank you
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: I am looking for info on Thomaso mancina / mancini

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I can so far tell you Tomasso and Angelina were married in Birmingham, 1894.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Marriages Dec 1894 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matsinge Angelina Birmingham 6d 394
Monjene Thomas Birmingham 6d 394

This is the spelling in the FreeBMD site.
If you order there marriage certificate, you should get at least the fathers names and occupations, along with an address for tomasso and angelina. This should help when you look for cencus's.

I can tell you there was a Lorenzo Mancini living in 13 merridale lane, wolverhampton in 1896. (could be father or relative?)
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
cheryln

Post by cheryln »

Thank you so much for your help Jamie.
I will look at the FREEBMD site and then the census.

Thank you again
Cheryl
cheryln

Post by cheryln »

I have found My husbands nanny's birth certificate. Louise Mancina on this her parents are listed as Thomaso Mancina and Angelia Mancina Formerly Matzinke. Father profession is Gas works Labourer. I have found them on the 1911 Census but still no luck with earlier census. Would it be possible to find old police record in Italy as it is thought Thomaso was a police man in Italy abt 1890.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Louisa Mancini, 1896, Birmingham?
Before Louisa, there were the following in Birmingham:

Ernesto, 1886 - 1886
Fillipo, 1888 - 1888
Celesta, 1890 - 1891
Celesta, 1893
Maria, 1895 - 1895
Then Louisa and so on.........

I found a Domenico Mancini 1854 - 1898. Could this be Tomasso's brother or his middle name??

I wouldn't say 100% they were in Italy in the 1890's, going by this Mancini Family, but if the Louisa matches the dates and place to yours, then they probably arrived before 1886!
cheryln

Post by cheryln »

Thank you for your help. I am very lost, I still can not find them in the UK before the 1911 census. I have their daughters birth certificate which tells me they where living at 15 Bartholomew street Birmingham in Feb 1908 and they stayed there for the next 30+ years. I did try the 1901 census but a different family lived there then. I have not a clue to when they arrived in the UK from Italy. We know that Thomaso was an Italian Policeman before arriving in the UK. Are there any records available in Italy that i may access to find out if Thomaso Mancina ( this is the name he has written on his daughter birth certificate) was in the police force there?
Thank you for all your previous help.
Cheryl
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, I know that the Mancini in Coventry, West Midlands, UK coming from Capriati al Volturno (Caserta province, IT)...

this info by the ship's manifest of a:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Thomas Mancini
Name: Thomas Mancini
Arrival Date: 10 Feb 1915
Birth Year: abt 1882
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: capriate a valturno
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Orduna

in travel with Mary wife (born in Chatham, England), left the brother Mancini in Coventry and joining at uncle Camillo Mancini in Providence, RI, USA...
maybe it can be helpful... Coventry and Birmingham are in same County...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Ambrose71

Post by Ambrose71 »

My great great grandfather Carmine Mancini was living in Birmingham at the same time as Thomas. I was wondering if they could have been related. I have no idea where Carmine came from but I can't find any info for them after the 1911 census. Their one daughter moved to Brierly Hill near Dudley and their other daughter moved to Milan