Carmina Angiello nascita

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Carmina Angiello nascita

Post by oilman19 »

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/angiellac ... th184.jpg/
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/angiellac ... th184.jpg/

I need a little help on this script and translation.
I have Carmina Angiello born of Domenico of Donato and Maria Graziano of Pasquale on 13 May 1844 in Santa Maria.
Carmina married Simone Signore of deceased Gennaro of ????? on ?????1873 in S.M.
Are the various parents born in S.M.?
I'm struggling with anything else of importance on this document.
Thank you

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Carmina Angiello nascita

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

The date of birth was May 1 (primo). The thirteen you read was the hour (1 PM) that Domenico appeared. The child was born at 11 AM.

You have translated it well. The date of marriage for Carmina looks like 1 February. After Gennaro it says of the Comune of Caserta.

Carmina was baptized on 1 May.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It only states that Domenico and Maria reside in SMCV. It does not give their birthplace. They reside on Via San Sebastiano.

In the marriage notation, "1" with the small raised "o" is primo.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T. :)

I'm still learning.

Your help is appreciated.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Was Carmina born and baptized on the same day, 1st May 1844?
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Tessa78 wrote:Hi Jim,

The date of birth was May 1 (primo). The thirteen you read was the hour (1 PM) that Domenico appeared. The child was born at 11 AM.

You have translated it well. The date of marriage for Carmina looks like 1 February. After Gennaro it says of the Comune of Caserta.

Carmina was baptized on 1 May.

T.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Thank you, Tessa. I saw that and found it surprising. Was it common for children to be baptized on the day of their birth?
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

Yes, the day of the birth or within 2-3 days...

The date at the top of the right column (dieci - ten) is the day the record was received at the town hall noting the baptism on the first of May.

And the number at the very bottom of that column is the number of the document file (centonovantanove - 199).. :-)

T.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Okay, great. Thank you for enlightening me! It's interesting that they preprinted the document number on the document. I guess we have the same thing today with purchase orders, checks, etc., but it seems to me it would have been more of a hardship then to change the plate for each printing of a form.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

That would be my thought as well :-)

T.