Cannot read notation, Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Cannot read notation, Help

Post by lilbees »

I just received a rather poor copy of a birth record. I can make out most of it but cannot make out the notation. This is for Maria Vincenza Rescigno born 22 Oct 1867. Her father is Vincenzo and mother Maria Saverese.

http://a.imageshack.us/img714/6539/mari ... ignobi.jpg

I believe the notation is a marriage notation.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Cannot read notation, Help

Post by Italysearcher »

1891 7th november, contracted marriage with Catallo, D........di G......
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Cannot read notation, Help

Post by suanj »

Castellammare di Stabia- 22 Oct 1867
in the day 21 oct 1867 is born Maria Vincenza Rescigno, daughter of:
Vincenzo Rescigno age 27, carpenter
Maria Savarese, age 25
marriage: 7 nov 1891;
groom: Catello DISCOLO, son of Gennaro
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Cannot read notation, Help

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Ann and Suanj. I think I need new glasses. It is getting really difficult to read some of these records.

A special note for Suanj: Thanks to your discovery of the manifest of my grt grandfather Antonio coming to visit my grandfather from Tunisia, I would not learned of all my family. It has taken some time and a lot of letter writing but I now have a huge family. I also learned two of my cousins also immigrated to the U.S. from Naples. My grandfather never knew of this. Ironically, they all came to the U.S. in the same month. (My grandfather from Tunisia and cousins from Naples). I have been communicating with other cousins here in the U.S. They are excited to learn about their grandparents as well.

Anyway, thank you again. I am very grateful for the help that was given.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Post Reply