Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
I'm sorry, but I don't see that word as permanent, but I am still trying to figure out what it is.
As to changing periodo to perioda, I didn't write the Italian language or Italian dictionary. There is no such word, as far as I can tell. The word is masculine or neuter and not feminine and does not end in the letter a. Sorry, Carmine. I know that makes sense in the document, but I am not convinced that it is the correct transcription.
Peg
As to changing periodo to perioda, I didn't write the Italian language or Italian dictionary. There is no such word, as far as I can tell. The word is masculine or neuter and not feminine and does not end in the letter a. Sorry, Carmine. I know that makes sense in the document, but I am not convinced that it is the correct transcription.
Peg
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Per la ferma di anni tre"Arruolato quale inscritto di leva del compartimento marittima(?) di Reggio Calabria con la classes 1895 per la periodo di anni tre"
It's an usual term to indicate the period of military service...
Laura
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Thanks Laura 
Do you think the other word starts with an "f" as well?
Or maybe a form of "permanere?"
T.
Do you think the other word starts with an "f" as well?
Or maybe a form of "permanere?"
T.
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
I believe the first phrase is:
Arruolato quale inscritto di leva del compartimento marittimo di Reggio Calabria con la classe 1895 per la ferma di anni tre quale aggiunto essendo stata pronunciata la dichiarazione di renitenza.
Laura
Arruolato quale inscritto di leva del compartimento marittimo di Reggio Calabria con la classe 1895 per la ferma di anni tre quale aggiunto essendo stata pronunciata la dichiarazione di renitenza.
Laura
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Prego Tessa!Tessa78 wrote:Thanks Laura
Do you think the other word starts with an "f" as well?
Or maybe a form of "permanere?"
T.
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Thanks, Laura.
Peg
Peg
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Prego Peg...
My best guess for the last period:
Rinviato in congedo illimitato.........................................li (the date)
Trasferito al R. [Regio] Esercito Distretto Militare di Reggio Calabria al numero 38205 di matricola R.E. [Regio Esercito] in virtu' del R.U.?? [maybe Regolamento ufficiale but I'm not sure] sulla leva marittima approvato con R.D. [Regio Decreto] 28 luglio 1932 n. 1365 art. 9.............................................li (the date)
Laura
My best guess for the last period:
Rinviato in congedo illimitato.........................................li (the date)
Trasferito al R. [Regio] Esercito Distretto Militare di Reggio Calabria al numero 38205 di matricola R.E. [Regio Esercito] in virtu' del R.U.?? [maybe Regolamento ufficiale but I'm not sure] sulla leva marittima approvato con R.D. [Regio Decreto] 28 luglio 1932 n. 1365 art. 9.............................................li (the date)
Laura
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Peg, I am sure you are correct.maestra36 wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see that word as permanent, but I am still trying to figure out what it is.
As to changing periodo to perioda, I didn't write the Italian language or Italian dictionary. There is no such word, as far as I can tell. The word is masculine or neuter and not feminine and does not end in the letter a. Sorry, Carmine. I know that makes sense in the document, but I am not convinced that it is the correct transcription.
Peg
FWIW, WordReference.com lists "perioda" as:
'perioda': 2nd Person singular present imperative of the verb 'periodare'
'perioda': 3rd Person singular present indicative of the verb 'periodare'
Of course, I suppose this wouldn't work because I am not looking for a verb...
Interestingly, Googling "la perioda" turns up a number of hits, including it seems, the Periodic Table of the Elements. Unfortunately, I don't think these hits are in Italian.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Carmine
I was only looking at the word as a noun when I said it didn't exist as perioda. Also I can't find periodare in any of my Italian dictionaries-what exactly is it supposed to mean as a verb? I don't honestly believe it is an Italian verb. Anyway, I am happy that Laura came to our rescue concerning the document.
Peg
I was only looking at the word as a noun when I said it didn't exist as perioda. Also I can't find periodare in any of my Italian dictionaries-what exactly is it supposed to mean as a verb? I don't honestly believe it is an Italian verb. Anyway, I am happy that Laura came to our rescue concerning the document.
Peg
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
Okay, I found the conjugation in word reference online, but when you try to translate the verb into English, it comes up with no translation. Very odd.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Foglio di Congedo di Ilimitato
This makes the most sense so far. If I interpret correctly, the normal term of service (one year? two?) was extended to three years as punishment for havng evaded the draft by leaving the country at age 17.pink67 wrote:I believe the first phrase is:
Arruolato quale inscritto di leva del compartimento marittimo di Reggio Calabria con la classe 1895 per la ferma di anni tre quale aggiunto essendo stata pronunciata la dichiarazione di renitenza.
Laura
Makes me wonder - did he return to Italy in 1915 of his own free will, or was he rounded up and dragged back, kicking and screaming?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!