WWI-Grande Guerra

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
douglasmariano01

WWI-Grande Guerra

Post by douglasmariano01 »

Hi,
how and where I can find info about my grand-parent's brother,
that went from Brazil to Italy, to fight the WWI-First World War?
His name was Pietro/Pedro Sacco.
I know that he survived the war.
He was born in Brazil. His grand parent (father side) was from Calabria and mother's side from Treviso/Veneto.
Douglas Mariano
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: WWI-Grande Guerra

Post by ricbru »

Douglas,
you need to know his date of birth, and the town/village of his father and mother, because he would have been registred at military district in Veneto are or in Calabria area, we need more infos to find his military record
bye Riccardo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I agree Riccardo; Douglas can search in Brazil the birthdate of Pietro/Pedro so maybe a search could be possible...
bye,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
douglasmariano01

Hi Ricardo, Hi Suanj,
I don't have his Birth date or birth place. I'm trying to get that in Brazil.
I have his father birth date and place, from Calabria (Pizzo) and his mother birth date and place (just Province and region), Veneto-Treviso.
I'm sending letters to try to find him trough the Liste di Leva in Catanzaro and Treviso.
Any more clues or suggestions?
Thank you.
Douglas
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Douglas, without birthdate and birthplace all offices ignoring the request; frankly I know not if a man born in Brasil can make the war for the Italy.... also if is of italian heritage; I never hear abt that.... maybe Riccardo can help better abt this my perplexity....
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear suanj,
many soldiers who died during WW1, were born abroad from italian parents, I know it for sure.
bye Riccardo
suanj wrote:Douglas, without birthdate and birthplace all offices ignoring the request; frankly I know not if a man born in Brasil can make the war for the Italy.... also if is of italian heritage; I never hear abt that.... maybe Riccardo can help better abt this my perplexity....
suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

e combatterono per l'Italia?

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

si si. Se vai sul sito www.cadutigrandeguerra.it, e sbirci i nomi dei caduti, molti sono nati in Brasile, USA e Argentina
ciao Riccardo
suanj wrote:e combatterono per l'Italia?
douglasmariano01

Hi,
you are correct. There was Brazilians fighting in the army and mostly in the Italian Navy. The Cadutti site shows that. American and other nationalities.
I'm fighting to have his birth date.
I'll keep going.
thank you both.
Douglas
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ricbru wrote:si si. Se vai sul sito www.cadutigrandeguerra.it, e sbirci i nomi dei caduti, molti sono nati in Brasile, USA e Argentina
ciao Riccardo
suanj wrote:e combatterono per l'Italia?

si nati all'estero ma tornati e residenti in Italia!

e quindi arruolati!
non credo che una persona nata all'estero e residente all'estero possa venire arruolato in Italia!

Questo significa che Pietro Sacco è tornato un po' prima dell'anno che dice Douglas...
ciao,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 3 PIETRO SACCO who entered Buenos Aires Aregntina at ages 17, 19 and 21 all the others arde in their 30's so he must be among the 3 young ones one or more of whom migrated north to Brazil. As Suanj knows the internet recofrds do not show place of birth in Italy just name,age, occupation and date of arrival and ship name. Do you know if he came directly to Brazil? =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 4 entries into Sao Paulo; 3 in 1891 and 1 in 1912 all named Pietro Sacco hats all the data furnished. =Peter=
~Peter~
douglasmariano01

Hi folks,
the Italian immigrants and his sons felt like being Italians. They didn't feel like Brazilians or Americans. In the WWI, Italy was fighting for the French and English. So, they came from Brazil and USA to fight as Italians.
Just some info more: Giuseppe Sacco, Pietro Sacco parent was born in Pizzo, Calabria in 1858. Pietro was born in Brazil, about 1895, 4 years more or less.
Probably in Santos-SP. I have Giuseppe Sacco info from Liste di Leva di Catanzaro.
I'm trying to find Pietro birth info in Brazil and somehow Pietro info in Italy. When I have one, I'll have the other one too.
douglasmariano01

I have the name of Pietro's mother and date when she went to Brazil. She almost certainly got married in Brazil. So, Pietro was born in Brazil too.
Suanj, as first generation, he was probably considered Italian so he could fight for the Italian army.
One option is that he went to USA after the war....I couldn't find anything about that, with his parents names to confirm.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Suanj, as first generation, he was probably considered Italian so he could fight for the Italian army.
That is impossible, otherwise all male children of italians, born in foreign country and residing in foreign country, they would be enlisted also in Italy and I never found a similar thing... that instead it could be possible if a man born in foreign country from italian father, came back in Italy and registering the birth also in Italy, residing in Italy... that is possible.... but by my experience I can say that a very little number , registering also in Italy, the births of foreign country....

if your Pietro was in the WWI( he was born in 1895, and in Italy the WWI was from 1915/8) maybe came in Italy around pre-war.... but where? In what part of Italy? It is possible that he joined at mother's relatives in Italy?
or father's relatives?
and if so he registered the own birth also in Italy ... In this way he was Italian born in foreign country but residing in Italy... in this way he was enrolled...
The only hope is to find the exact birthdate and write in Pizzo asking if he result registered in "atti di cittadinanza" around 1915 or so...
ditto for mother birth commune...

also you can write in the Archives of State, in the province of Pietro's parents, asking a search in Ruoli Matricolari( effective military service)
abt Pietro Sacco born in 1895 in Brasil, from italian parents but resident in Italy because italian citizen...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH