Pileggi/Pileci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pileggi

Pileggi/Pileci

Post by Pileggi »

I am attempting to conduct a family research and trace my roots back to italy. I am looking for the name Pileggi/Pileci (both will work) originating from Sant'Onofrio, Vibo Valentia, Calabria.

I have reached the following:

Pietro Pileggi

B:April 16 1887

D: August tenth 1957

If you guys could help me trace his ancestors it would be great. His wife's name was: Philimonia Salvador. And i believe his father was Domenico.

Thanks ahead of time,

Bejamin
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pileggi/Pileci

Post by suanj »

Hi, by WWI draft registration card, the birthdate is a bit different:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Pietro Pileggi
Name: Pietro Pileggi
City: Schenectady
County: Schenectady
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy

Birth Date: 15 Apr 1888
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1818986
DraftBoard: 4

born in Sant'Onofrio ( previously in Catanzaro province, currently in Vibo Valentia province); for to know more abt your ancestor, you can try the civil records in LDS microfilms:
Registri dello stato civile di Sant'Onofrio (Catanzaro), 1809-1910 Sant'Onofrio (Catanzaro). Officio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ++di++Sant &columns=*,0,0
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Try the website www.italiangen.org and you will find a lot of the surname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, its worth a try. Good luck.
futurejelly

Post by futurejelly »

ts worth a try. Good luck.7louis vuittonurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, i
pradaurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, its worth a try. Good luck.
chanelurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, its worth a try. Good luck.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

futurejelly wrote:ts worth a try. Good luck.7louis vuittonurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, i
pradaurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, its worth a try. Good luck.
chanelurname Pileggi there. You may have already used this site but if not, its worth a try. Good luck.
SPAM
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

A donation made in Reggio (Calabria) before public notary Antonino Jero 24 march 1762.
Monsolina Floccari, widow of Paolo Pileci makes a donation to:
- Gio. Domenico Candela and Simone Candela, brothers, sons of Angela Pileci, daughter of Monsolina Floccari.
- Saverio, Pileci, son
- Nunzio, Pelici, son
- Orsola Pileci, daughter
In the document is also mentioned Caterina Pileci