Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need some help with the 2 matrimoni annotations for Felice.
I see Concetta(sp?) Baldassarre on one but I can't figure out the date.
I'm not getting anything out of the one on top.
I can see that they are both in S.M.C.V.
Please help.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
The most common... couldn't tell you if it's the ONLY one...
It's the only one I've seen and sometimes has superscript "a" after it.
T.
EDIT:
I may have misunderstood you...
There are many other names that are abbreviated.
Antonio would be "Ant" with a superscript "o"
Domenico/a would be "Dom" with a superscript "co" or "ca"
Etc.
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...