Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need some help with the 2 matrimoni annotations for Felice.
I see Concetta(sp?) Baldassarre on one but I can't figure out the date.
I'm not getting anything out of the one on top.
I can see that they are both in S.M.C.V.
Please help.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
The most common... couldn't tell you if it's the ONLY one...
It's the only one I've seen and sometimes has superscript "a" after it.
T.
EDIT:
I may have misunderstood you...
There are many other names that are abbreviated.
Antonio would be "Ant" with a superscript "o"
Domenico/a would be "Dom" with a superscript "co" or "ca"
Etc.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...