Scialla, Tescione matrimonio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Scialla, Tescione matrimonio

Post by oilman19 »

http://img697.imageshack.us/i/sciallate ... r1846.jpg/
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/sciallate ... r1846.jpg/

I have this matrimoni pretty much figured out. However, I can't read Raffaele's mother's name. I believe Maria's mother is Girolama Signore.

Also, is there anything on page 2 that will impact my records? I cannot read that summary.

Thank you

added note: Raffaele is my 2g grandfather.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Scialla, Tescione matrimonio

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim :-)

Raffaele's mother's name looks like Anna Vetrienone or Vetrienove. Not really sure about the spelling here... Looks like there is actually an "ne" or "ve" written above the next word.

Maria's mother's name is, as you say, Girolama Signore.

Raffaele was born in Casanova...

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi T.

I struggled with Anna's surname.

I had Raffaele nati in Casagiove. It had been starting to look like that may be where the family originated before coming to S.M. Is it remotely possible that it could be Casagiove (I don't see the G)?

Thank you for your help.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
In this document the town of birth is Casanova, as T has stated above.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casagiove

In the above article, it appears that the name of the town until 1810 was Casanova.

Fino al 1810 aveva il nome di "Casanova", quando fu unito alla villa di Coccagna assunse il nome di comune di Casanova e del riunito Coccagna

I realize that this presents a problem since the age of Raffaele in 1846 was only 25 making him born around 1821, but it seems that Casanova and Casagiove were the same town.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg

I am relieved that I had good info already recorded in my family tree. The name change is manageable.
I simply did not scrutinize the word Casanova since I was looking for Casagiove. Complacency is my only excuse.
Your clarification is appreciated.

Thank you
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

here's an English version I found on Casagiove-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casagiove

Until the mid-19th century it was divided in two parts: Casanova and Cuccagna.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg

I had done some research on Casagiove when I first discovered it in my documents. I wonder if I will have to change my coat of arms in my avatar. :wink:

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

A possible surname for Anna-

Petriccione
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I thought that was one of the names I tried in the white pages. I may have been off by a letter.
I will keep looking for confirming info.

Thank you
Jim