Thanks Tessa, mb and vj! You people are amazing.
VJ, I've been able to track Emma's ancestry back to the Mayflower and beyond, but never had her actual birthdate, so thank you.
Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
Hey Valarie! What a findvj wrote:PUCILLO
Found it
Rocco travelled with his sister Filomena
27 Nov 1902, SS Vancouver, Naples to Boston
lines 10-11
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8193/1902q.jpg
Surnames weren't even CLOSE...
Hi Laurel - Glad to have helped!
T.
Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
I just posted the link to the manifest for Caterina...
Didn't realize that I hadn't done that before
T.
Didn't realize that I hadn't done that before
T.
Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
Would anyone out there be able to tell me the best way to get information from Grottaminarda? Specifically, I am looking for birth records, especially those of Luigi and Caterina. I would like to find out who there parents were, etc. etc. Thank you.
Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
I'm so sorry we missed your questioncutterlm wrote:Would anyone out there be able to tell me the best way to get information from Grottaminarda? Specifically, I am looking for birth records, especially those of Luigi and Caterina. I would like to find out who there parents were, etc. etc. Thank you.
I hope this helps
Valarie
Your nearest Family History Center can order records for Grottaminarda on microfilm.
The cost is about $5.50 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Title:
Registri dello stato civile di Grottaminarda (Avellino), 1809-1910 Grottaminarda (Avellino).
Ufficio dello stato civile
Film notes for Grottaminarda:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Grottamin &columns=*,0,0
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
You may want to call first to verify the hours they're open.
Most centers are staffed with very helpful volunteers.
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
---
Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
---
You could also try writing to the comune, but your records may be too old
Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Or other helpful form letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Address:
Comune di Grottaminarda
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso V. Veneto
83035 Grottaminarda AV
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/campania/50-grottaminarda/
---
Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
Re: Pucillo and del Viscovo familes in Grottaminarda
Thank you, VJ! This is helpful, as I still have not made it to the local Family History Center. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

