LDS Microfilm question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Haztek
Master
Master

LDS Microfilm question

Post by Haztek »

On the microfilms for births, is there usually an index of names with the record number, or do you have to look at each image to see if it is the one you are looking for? Thanks, Jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: LDS Microfilm question

Post by jamiecapaldi »

yes, should be index on surnames first, followed by first.
sometimes there is no index and you have to search each one!
there should follow a page number, but if it doesnt, go by the month, as it goes up by months.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you very much!
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Also, sometimes the index is at the end of the film and not the beginning!
gottogetit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gottogetit »

Just started to review my film yesterday. after first 10 pages came accross the index. It was broken down alphabetically. found the surname but unsure if its my GF or the correct year. The recep. showed me a white book that details what i need to search for along with translations. going back in a few hours to try to find out more on the film. Dates and writings are going to be my problem i think...
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jerry

All of the films I have reviewed have been in the same town. My experience has been that about half of the films have an index (a handy tool for expediting a specific search). I hope you have more success finding indexes on your microfilms.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Sometimes the index is alphabetical by FIRST name!!! What fun! :-)

T.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Not sure if its the older records you are researching or the newer short version of the records.
I've found in the older records, at least for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, even if you find the number of the record on the index it doesnt necessarily match the number on the actual 'birth' etc act, sometimes there are two numbers on the actual record, not sure if this is because there maybe a few years recorded at the same e.g. the number on the index could be 76 and on the actual act it could e.g. 112 so this is just to tell you to keep looking if you dont find your record linked to the number on the index.
Emmy